Wednesday, April 30, 2008

None to Freeze

Well, I got our last fert report, none to freeze. She said they transferred the best and there were none good enough to freeze. I know this is common not to have any to freeze but I felt so sure we would have some due to how many were going strong. It sucks to think that if this doesn't work I will have to go through all of this crap again. But if there is a next time, I will be asking the doctor to do everything possible to avoid OHSS. What if this means we don't have good embies? I sort of feel like I was misled about the quality of our embies. They told me they were moving it to day 6 because there were too many good ones to choose from but the doctor at the clinic before the transfer told us that they were taking a little longer to get to the right stage and that is why they moved it to day 6. They didn't tell me a grade for our Doozer or anything but said it was a high quality one so I guess that is good enough. Ugh...too many things to worry about. But, it doesn't matter now, it is in God's hands and He can do anything!

16 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry that there weren't any to freeze.

sarah23 said...

Hi, I just came across your journal. I'm about week or so behind you with IVF (ER yesterday), and I'm going to add you to my blogroll if you don't object.

I'm really sorry that you didn't have an embryos to freeze. This process is so full of ups and downs! I hope you hit a big UP in a few more days. ;)

sarah23 said...

Hi, I just came across your journal. I'm about week or so behind you with IVF (ER yesterday), and I'm going to add you to my blogroll if you don't object.

I'm really sorry that you didn't have an embryos to freeze. This process is so full of ups and downs! I hope you hit a big UP in a few more days. ;)

AwkwardMoments said...

I am so sorry morrisa

Erin said...

When I had a 6 day transfer it was because only a few were to the blast stage and they were waiting for the rest to catch up so that they could clearly see the best. I am praying very hard...

Nadine said...

Morissa that sucks that they took them all the way to day 6 and then there is none to freeze, doozer is obviously strong enough to hang around.

My_Herstory said...

Sorry there weren't any to freeze, but maybe you won't need to worry about that! Sending positive vibes your way hon.

lovesbabyhopes said...

I didn't have any to freeze either--just believe that you won't need any more!

Candi said...

I think you got the good ones. God works in mysterious ways!

Adriane said...

That is a bummer that there weren't any to freeze. Hopefully, it will be a non-issue. :-)

I would also be a little upset with my RE based on the two different responses on why they moved to a Day 6. That seems odd, but it's water under the bridge now.

We're rooting for little Doozer!

sara said...

I'm sorry girl that you didn't have any to freeze. I know what you mean, I was worried that we wouldn't have any and I was really upset about it. I'm glad you're feeling a little better though and I'm hoping this two weeks breeze by!

Hugs

Shauna said...

sorry there were no freezers.......but maybe you won't even need any frozens!

Jennifer said...

Morrisa-
You're right all things are possible through God. Keep your faith, I am certain things will work out for you.

CJ said...

So sorry Morrisa. That's seems so werid that they said your embies looked good and then said there were none to freeze. Well hopefully, you won't need it. I know you were in massive pain afterwards and didn't know if you would go through the whole IVF thing again. I feel ya. I had my transfer today. They said all the 16 eggs looked good but they won't really know until tomorrow. We'll see. Go Doozer Go!!!

Evil Stepmonster said...

You're right, there is no point worrying about things we have no control over. Just concentrate on getting yourself back to 100% health for Doozer.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news :(

Having said that though having 10 in the freezer hasn't got me anywhere and it seems to be taking forever to get around to another stim cycle as your chances are always higher with a fresh transfer.

Praying you wont need it though xo