Monday, April 21, 2008

Egg Farm

Yup, that’s what Dh has been calling me, egg farm. Appointment went well this morning besides the fact that the clinic was slammed this morning and I ended up being an hour late for work. My appointment was at 7:15 and they didn't call me back until 7:50. There was a lady that came in with her friend (the friend was VERY obviously pregnant) and while they were waiting they proceeded to pull out baby shower planning books and plan her baby shower. I don’t think I need to tell any of you how rude that it. Who takes their very pregnant friend to a fertility clinic and then proceeds to loudly plan a baby shower? It is just amazing to me how someone who has been dealing with infertility would even think to do something like that. Anyway, my u/s went well, I have had the same sonographer for the last three days and I really like her. She really takes her time and measures everything carefully and shows me all of the measurements when she is finished. All of my follies have continued to grow and while I don’t know the exact numbers on each because there was too many to remember I know that there was a 22, some 20s, some 19s, some 18s, and a 17, and a gazillion smaller ones. All in all she measured 9 follies today. My lining was nice and thick although I can’t remember what that was either. The u/s the past two days have been somewhat painful, I suppose from the pressure of my expanding ovaries. After the u/s we met with another nurse and she went over trigger instructions! So now we wait for a call from my nurse and assuming that nothing alarming has happened with my bloodwork we will most likely be triggering tonight! I can’t wait to get these little buggers out of me because I am very uncomfortable. It is uncomfortable to walk or bend over. Assuming that we trigger tonight the ER will be on Wednesday. I was told today that after my nurse calls someone from the surgery center will call and let me know the exact time of the ER and the exact time to do the trigger. Then 3DT would be on Saturday and 5DT would be on Monday. I am nervous about the trigger shot, it will be our first IM shot. Eek! I still can’t get it through my head that we might actually finish a cycle, whatever the outcome. That probably doesn’t make a lot of sense to some of you but when you have had as many cancelled cycles as I have had you come to expect that a cycle will be cancelled. Although in the past my cycles have always been cancelled due to no response to the medication and they were not IVF cycles. So, I am waiting for the call from my nurse with hopefully some good news!

**Updated** It's official! We will be triggering tonight with ER taking place on Wednesday! I am still waiting for a call from the OR scheduler to tell me the exact time for the ER. I can't believe we got this far! I am beyond excited! FYI- I have 37 follicles which are smaller than the 9 she measured, but I don't know the size. My e2 level was at 3,488! Wish me luck on our first IM shot tonight, I'm scared!! I am also excited because I have several fellow bloggers who will be my cycle buddies, how awesome is that!

12 comments:

Nadine said...

good luck triggering. I always get confused, I think it must be different drugs because my trigger shot was just the same as the puregon, but, mine also came in a needle, all premixed and ready to go, which no one else seems to do. but i digress.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! All those follies sound great.

Adriane said...

WOWZERS! That's a lot of follicles. You must be in pain to have some that large!! Glad you are taking it easy!! I have my fingers crossed that you actually get to complete this cycle!!!

AwkwardMoments said...

You are an Egg Farm- FANTASTIC!!

Good luck with the trigger shot (use ice)!

YAH for Such wonderful news!

nickoletta100 said...

YAY!!! It's really happening and this is so exciting!!! Good luck!!!!

A little side note, the red is almost impossible for me to read, not sure if it's ok for everyone else though. Maybe it's just me.

sara said...

I love the term egg farm! I'm so glad you'll be triggering tonight with your ER on Wed. I'll be sending up some prayers for you between now and then. I hope your IM shot is smooth and quick. My ultrasounds seemed painful too right before retrieval, yours must be because you have a nice egg basket going on there! Good luck!

Nicole said...

All right! Good luck with the trigger shot!

Rho said...

Good luck with your trigger and the retrieval. You have got to be so uncomfortable with all those follies! By the time you are done the PIO injections you guys will be old pros at the IM shots.

DebbieDo said...

YES! This is so cool! I'm routing for you both! hang in there girly ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

My goodness! I am jealous about how many follicles you have ... :)

Will be thinking of you. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

How exciting, well done! Looking foward to being one of your cycle buddies and sharing the *joys* of the 2WW with you xo

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

How exciting, well done! Looking foward to being one of your cycle buddies and sharing the *joys* of the 2WW with you xo

Stace said...

I just stumbled onto your blog, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!!