Monday, April 28, 2008

We've Been Bumped!

Well, I have honestly never heard of this but my nurse just called and said they are moving us to a 6 day transfer. She said they are all doing very well so they are moving us to a 6 day. I have no idea how many we still have or what stage they are at but when they call to actually schedule the transfer I will ask. I have been trying to look online but I haven't found too much about 6 day transfers so if anyone know any info I would appreciate it. As for me I am still feeling pretty awful. I am still throwing up which the doctor says is caused by my ovaries being very enlarged and pushing everything that should be in my lower abdomen into my stomach. I am concerned about all of the work I am missing. I had to call out on Thursday and Friday due to being sick from the OHSS. I told my boss I would need off today and tomorrow for the embryo transfer and the 24 hour bed rest but now here I am at home, still too sick to go into work and will have to take off Wednesday now for bed rest. I didn't really have any time to begin with due to the funeral which was unexpected and my boss agreed to give me the days even though I didn't have them. Now I have taken double what he agreed to and honestly I'm worried that he is going to fire me. But, I am truly sick, actually more sick than I have ever been in my life, and there is no way I could go in today. I feel awful because I don't want him to think I am taking advantage of him. But I would hope that he understands that I am sick and I will have my RE send a note to him. I have to say that at this point if this cycle doesn't work I'm not sure I ever want to do this again. I never expected all of the issues with the fluid in my lungs and my belly and all the pain and sickness that comes along with it. I may change my mind but at this point I am saying that I will not do any more fresh cycles. I can't imagine having to put my body through this again. I haven't eaten anything really in about 2 days now. I know this may seem like whining and I assure you I am not trying to whine, but I am miserable. Well, I guess that's about it for now. While I am excited that our embies are doing so well I am concerned about putting anything back in when I am feeling like this, but we have come so far and I have to trust in God that he had an ultimate plan for us.

10 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

you have earned all the rights to whine. I do hope that you start to feel better very soon. maybe thats why they are pushing your et to a 6 day transfer?

If there is anything we can do - ask away

Bec said...

Hon, it sounds like you are going through a really tough time right now, and you have every right to complain.

I'm praying that you wont need another go hon xxx

Erin said...

I had a 6 day transfer with my 2nd cycle. They're actually more common than you think. I know it's hard, but try to relax. Worrying and stressing isn't doing you any good.

Erin said...

I forgot to say that you shouldn't base the IVF experience on this cycle. OHSS is pretty uncommon, especially as bad as you've had it. ALso, this is helping your RE learn what works and what doesn't. Trust me, after 4 cycles I have had my fair share of crappy IVF experiences, but I always come back for more.

sara said...

I'm sorry that this has been such a rough ride...sounds like you've had a crappy time! I have heard of 6 day transfers often, so hang in there. They'll be transferring back some strong embryos at a 6 day mark. I'll keep ya in my prayers!

Meghan said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick. That certainly gives you every right to whine and complain. I've seen other 6 day transfers on message boards and things. Hopefully you'll be feeling a little better by then

Nadine said...

whine away! OHSS sounds just awful. But i'm glad you ahve another day to recuperate before ET, which will work, so no worries about going through IVF again.

Rachel said...

I'm with Duck - whine away. We're here to listen. I really hope you feel better soon though.

Evil Stepmonster said...

I'm so sorry you're suffering so much Morrisa, its just not fair. As Erin said 'normal' ivf cycles are not like this - this is as bad as it gets.

A 6 day embryo will be ready to stick and, please God, I hope it does. Take care.

My_Herstory said...

Feeling like crap at such an exciting time must be hard. I am wishing the very best for you.
Take the day and rest. BTW you're not really whining; it's good to release those feelings... makes ya feel even just a little better! Keep typing girl! HuGs!