Thursday, April 3, 2008

No More BCPs!

IVF UPDATE: Yay! I took my last BCP last night and then threw the empty pack into the trash! So now we continue the Lupron and wait for AF. I stopped spotting (after spotting for a week straight) but hopefully AF wont wait too long to come. Dh is still a little nervous with the needle but he is getting better. I'm not sure if I have any symptoms from the Lurpon or not. I have had headaches off and on the past couple of days but I think it could be due to stress too. But so far I haven't had any hotflashes or anything crazy like that. I have also decided to begin taking my Metformin again. I'm not sure I ever really took the Met the right way (three times a day) for any significant period of time but I'm willing to give it a shot. I figure it wouldn't hurt to kick my body into gear during the IVF cycle. So..now we wait.

FAMILY UPDATE: Last night was really hard. We wen't over to Dh's grandmother's house and put together some picture boards with pictures of Dh's grandfather to display at the viewing and funeral. I was sticking the pictures to the boards and looking at all of these memories of such an amazing life. Dh's grandmother had a bit of a rough night last night and had a few bouts of tears when we were putting the pictures on the board. She was so tired around 9 p.m. but she wouldn't go to sleep because she didn't want to be up in her bedroom alone. I held in all of my tears until I got home and then I just let go. The viewing is tonight and the funeral is tomorrow. It will be tough, but I will get through it. Right now it is most important to be there for Dh's grandmother and to keep her company when she needs it.

8 comments:

Maria said...

YAY no more bcp's!! Just a bit of assvice here, but Lupron made AF a few days late for me. I'm expecting that to happen again. But it doesn't happen for everyone.

That must have been a very emotional night. Just reading about DH's grandmother not wanting to go to bed alone made me tear up. I couldn't imagine. I'm sure you guys made a beautiful picture board. Looking at my grandmother's at her funeral was a really important thing for me.

Erin said...

Lupron gave me headaches, but if I made sure to drink alot of water it was fine.

AwkwardMoments said...

wooo no more bcp's! Good luck with the met and af

I am so sorry you guys are going through all of this at the same time. sending you warm thoughts and prayers

nickoletta100 said...

YAY for no more BCP's!!!!!

Candi said...

I am glad to hear that you are done with bcp's. You and DH are in my prayers.

sara said...

I'm so glad you're done with BCPs..what an exciting time. But I'm also sorry that you guys are going through this challenging time as well...sending you kind thoughts...

Carrie said...

I am glad you are moving forward.

I am so sorry that your family have faced such a hard time.

Penelope said...

YAY about no more BCPs!! ((hugs)) about the other stuff. I'm sorry you and your family are going through this tough time.