Friday, May 2, 2008

3dp6dt & Bathroom Nasties!

**Before I begin, in response to a comment from someone on one of my earlier posts, I am well aware that when you get pregnant it pushes everything inside up. I don't need to be reminded of that. However, being pregnant does not cause your belly to swell in 24 hours pushing everything up rapidly, filling your upper abdomen and lungs with fluid. So, while it may seem that I was complaining about something that happens in pregnancy as well (everything that belongs down low being pushed up high) I can assure you that it is not the same. The OHSS honestly made me feel the worst I have ever felt and this is the place where I can talk about my feelings without being judged too harshly. I'm sure the comment wasn't meant to be rude, but it hurt my feelings the way it came across. Anyway, I'm stepping down from my soapbox**

Yeah, yeah, I know the title is boring but I couldn't think of anything. I am over 100 posts already! My 100th post was a couple posts ago but I couldn't think of anything enlightening to say so I didn't mention it. I still can't think of anything enlightening to say so you are out of luck! I can tell you that as my usual pessimistic self is already taking charge and all my hope that this cycle will work is already gone. Rational? Probably not but that's the way I am. Why am I so sure it had failed already? Well, because I am having intense AF like cramps. I feel the same type of cramps I felt towards the end of my last IUI cycle when it ended up being a BFN. I have never done an IVF cycle so I have nothing to compare this to. Maybe the PIO is causing cramps? I just don't know. However, I feel like AF might come soon. I'm assuming the medicine I am talking will keep her from coming too early. I can now button my work pants but they are still tight. My upper belly still looks like it is swollen a bit but not as bad. My chest still feels weird though. It still feels heavy when I bend over and I am still short of breath. I'm not sure what is causing it but now I am coughing also. Part of me thinks that my chest is sore from all of the vomiting (sorry TMI) and dry heaving which hurt like hell. But, I am able to eat regular meals now which is good. I feel so fat! I knew the IVF drugs would put on some weight but its hard when you are already a big girl to see those extra pounds. Can someone say porker?

Lastly, before I leave, I would like to point out some gross bathroom habits that I have noticed from some of the people in my building. One lady never washes her hands. She uses the bathroom then goes directly to the paper towel dispenser, gets a paper towel, wipes her hands (like she washed them) and walks out. Gross! I don't even want to know what she is wiping off of her hands! Then another lady makes it a point to grab one of those paper toilet seat covers but then doesn't wash her hands when she leaves. So, she wants her ass to be clean but who cares about her hands? Ewwww! Please everyone, wash your hands after you use the potty, otherwise it's just gross!

11 comments:

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Ewwwwwwww...............

I agree OHSS shouldn't be compared to pregnancy... how odd...

Nadine said...

yuck to the ohss (but on a good note, women with ohss also tend to get/be pregnant - I don't know if that is a scientific fact or just what I seem to notice - that's if they actually transfer the wee one).

Yeah ohss is not being pregnant (oh and I didn't know that being pregnant pushes everything aside - I never really think about those details - and if you have never been pregnant - you really wouldn't know that fact - or maybe it's just me that didn't know I can be ignorant to the pregnant people of the world).
Which you are know one of.
Hang in there.

Nadine said...

Oh and I just looked up that comment, I would have found it hurtful too (seeing as you are an infertile just going through an IVF cycle, it can be an emotional nightmare, you don't be reminded by someone (who clearly has had a child) what pregnancy may feel like, at least I wouldn't want to be reminded of what I may or may never have. (but this isn't the case for you, because doozer is a superstar embryo).

Erin said...

Why is that commenters seem to have all the answers sometimes? I got a great one from a nurse on my tattoo post. Thanks, but we knew that already! While the PIO does cause some symptoms, I wouldn't give up hope. Like I said, my BFP cycle, I felt just like AF was coming. I am praying for you as always.

sarah23 said...

I may only have mild OHSS at this point (or maybe just some serious GI upset from all these meds + the anesthesia for the ER) and I am pretty miserable!!

I've never been pg so I can't compare it, but yowza, this is bad!

I hope Doozer is settling in nice and tight!

Anonymous said...

Well, i was said commentator, and after having had OHSS myself, I can tell you that the feelings of fullness are similar, but different.

Anyhoo, didn't mean to offend.

Shauna said...

you're so funny (about the bathroom stuff) - I know - people are GROSS.

Evil Stepmonster said...

Progesterone causes cramps and AF -like feelings in me too - but I imagine even more so if you're injecting it. Hang in there Morrisa and take care of that nasty chest cough.

Adriane said...

I'm so sorry you're having cramps. I'm not sure if it's from the PIO shots or what.....maybe it's some OHSS stuff, too? God, this cycle has been hell for you! I'm sorry!

YUCK! I hate poor bathroom etiquette! It is so gross when people don't wash their hands. At my work there is someone that talkes on her cell phone in the big stall - while going. It's ridiculous. OH, and I saw her bring a book into the batrhoom before. This is WORK, people. And, we're not men. EWWWWW!

sara said...

Cramps suck, I had them after our retrivel and transfer for the two weeks. I hope you're feeling better soon! The bathroom story hit home because I see people at work all the time not wash their hands, how gross! Hope you're doing okay and having a good weekend!

Shauna said...

hope you get to feeling better (and pregnant)!