Monday, April 14, 2008

Lurpon Eval 3.0

I want to apologize for not posting this morning and also for this being a somewhat short post. I have been really sick this weekend! I have had diarrhea since Wednesday evening. On Friday I had a fever of 102. We decided to go to Gettysburg anyway so that we didn't waste our money. I spent the whole weekend being sick and we didn't leave the hotel room. On Saturday night I started throwing up also. So we left and came home early Sunday morning and headed to my doctor's office. They wanted to give me an IV with some fluids since I was so dehydrated and couldn't even keep water down. They were able to start an IV right in the doctor's office (who knew?) It took three people one hour to find a vein and some horribly painful sticking. I spent about 5 hours total at the doctors office. Basically I have a stomach virus and I also learned that I have a UTI. I didn't notice that I had the UTI due to all of the other issues with my stomach. I was still throwing up this morning so I stayed home from work and Dh stayed home to take care of me. I did go to my Lupron eval 3.0 today. It hurt so bad when they put the wand in because of the UTI. Everything still looked good and I got a call from my nurse not too long ago saying that my e2 finally dropped. She is supposed to call me back shortly with a final confirmation that everything is okay to begin (I think because they can only have so many people starting stims on the same day.) I think I puked out all of my e2! So, that's it for me now, I am so tired. I will update when I get the call from my nurse.

P.S. Thank all of you for letting me wallow in my self pity. Every now and then we all need some time to feel sorry for ourselves and that was my time. I appreciate all of the warm words and prayers. You ladies are the best!

**Updated** I got the official okay to start my stims tonight! We finally get to start! I am so relieved that we finally got past the suppression phase. Lets hope my ovaries respond well to the stims. I will be doing 150 units of Follistim and 75 units of Menopur starting tonight and tomorrow morning I drop the Lupron down to 5 units. I go on Thursday for my first u/s. Hopefully by then the UTI pain will be gone!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Feel better. And just maybe the stress of being sick is what changed your E2 levels.

Candi said...

WOO HOO! Let the stimming begin!

DebbieDo said...

OMG, I'm so sorry you are so sick. I was sick with a fever right after my transfer and unable to take any meds except Tylenol, needless to say, not fun. I hope you feel better.

Yeah for stims!! I'm so excited for you guys.

Nicole said...

I hope you feel better soon. And I'm glad you get to start the stims tonight!

sara said...

Hoping you feel completely back to normal soon! That is such great news about the stims. THat was the exact protocal I was on to a tee. Good luck ..let us know how it's gong :-)

Meghan said...

uggg....so sorry you spent your weekend away sick. You guys definitely deserve another vacation!

But a big YEAH on being able to start stims

hope you feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor you! It must have been just terrible. Stomach problems are just the worst, aren't they. I hope your luck is changing now and you'll have a really good stimming! Good luck with this cycle. xoxox

Evil Stepmonster said...

You poor thing! Sorry to hear you were so sick over the weekend. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Yeh for starting stims!

Nadine said...

You sound so sick. Rest up, hope you feel better soon.
Have fun stimming.