Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oh Bother...


So, I am feeling pretty down in the dumps today both emotionally and physically. Of course I consulted Dr. Google about the high e2 levels and saw scary things like “diminished ovarian reserve.” So, now I am totally convinced that not only is this IVF cycle going to be cancelled but that I am going to receive a new more horrible diagnosis on top of the PCOS. I looked back at my e2 levels from my IUI/injectable cycle and my day 3 e2 was also high, 105. I read that a normal day 3 e2 level should be below 75 for a non IVF cycle so even the 105 was high. No one ever mentioned that this number was high. So I am a bit concerned. I did call my nurse back and leave a message shortly after we hung up but have yet to hear back from her. It is kind of annoying how you have to wait so long for someone just to call you back with an answer to a question but I understand they are busy. I had a pretty rough day yesterday. My boss was in a pissy mood and once I got the news that we had to postpone starting the stims my day just got worse and worse. I was so looking forward to actually starting this cycle and was optimistic. I told Dh that this is exactly why I don’t get optimistic about things because things always go wrong and then I am disappointed. This is just another example of why being pessimistic works for me as a defense mechanism. So, while I am trying to stay positive I am expecting them to tell me my e2 has not gone down on Friday. I asked the question on a couple of message boards and got absolutely no responses. Leave it to my body to do something weird that no one else has heard of. Last night I started having a lot of pain in my left lower abdomen, like a lot of pressure. I have had diarrhea (sorry TMI) all morning and couldn't finish my breakfast. So on top of all of this I have some sort of stomach issue going on. It is yet another gloomy rainy day outside which adds to my misery quite nicely. Also, it is supposed to rain all weekend thereby making our weekend away at Gettysburg difficult because frankly there isn’t a whole lot to do inside there. So, I guess what I am really saying is that I could use some hugs and soothing words to calm my fears. Anyone offering free hugs? I'm off to see if I can fit my head in the microwave...

10 comments:

Nadine said...

FREE HUG!!!!!!!

I love the eore (not sure if that is how you spell his name).

Well, try not to put your head in the microwave. Would you believe that i had the opposite problem when i cycled, my E2 levels started so low that my lining never really grew.
SO I don't have an answer, but, this may help, go buy some ground flax meal, and start eating it every day ( i take 2 tbs/day). It lowers e2 levels, take it while you are surpressing, but, then stop when your stimming).
Oh, and don't worry so much, they can just continue you on lupron until you get your level low enough ( i was on lupron for much longer than the standard few weeks).

AwkwardMoments said...

Free hugs coming your way

Adriane said...

Lots of free hugs! I'm so sorry you can't start yet. I will be thinking of you and hoping things start looking up!

Maria said...

((((HUGS))))

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Feeling like things aren't working out the way we want is a hard thing to go through during treatments. I wish I could tell you something to erase your fears, but I really don't know too much about e2 levels. I'm praying really hard for you and that Friday will bring you some much deserved good news.

Evil Stepmonster said...

I don't really know much about e2 levels either, but I bet that pesky PCOS is to blame.

I hope everything is back to normal by Friday so you can enjoy your weekend away.

Evil Stepmonster said...

Oh and here's another {{HUG}} for you. Don't worry it will be ok.

Rebecca said...

Oh geez...not a good day, huh? I hope the week gets better and you hear something encouraging...God knows, you deserve it!

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Hugs!

Unfortunately I know nothing about E2 levels. I hope it's nothing serious xo

Meghan said...

I've got plenty of hugs to give out. Sorry you had such a yuck day. Wish I knew more about baseline E2 levels, I only knew mine while I was stimming for my IUI's.

Hoping today goes better for you, and good luck tomorrow

My_Herstory said...

I know I'm late to this post, but I like hugs so I still wanted to share one. HuGz!