Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Crap

Well, because my body refuses to do anything "by the book" it has decided that it is not quite ready for stims. My nurse just called and said that my E2 was at 78 and it needs to be below 50 to start the stims. So I have to continue the 20 units of Lupron and go back on Friday for them to retest. I have no idea what this means and I will be consulting Dr. Google as soon as I am done this post. So, lets hope that my E2 drops to where it should be on Friday. Man I hate my stupid body! The one good thing in all of this is that we wont have to come into the clinic during our weekend away...oh joy...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's annoying, isn't it. But I'm sure you'll be ready to go on Friday. I'm ready to get started today. This morning, my E2 was below 25... I'm worried that it's too low and I'm too suppressed after 23 days on BCPs. Too high, too low... always something to worry about, huh. ~grin~ Well, hope you can start soon. Good luck!!

Nadine said...

that sucks, hoping that it drops soon.

AwkwardMoments said...

Ok lupron - do your job a few more days! Good luck

Rebecca said...

Arggghhhh! Enjoy your weekend away anyway and hopefully by the time you get back, things will be back on track...take care.

Erin said...

Try not to worry. I know it's hard. You've come this far, and you will make it the rest of the way. Look at the positive that you already stated. You won't have to spend your weekend geting probed. I am praying...

Anonymous said...

Hey - that happened to me too! I was on BCPs, then 20 units of Lupron, then went in for baseline on day three . . . AFC good, lining good - BUT - Progesterone and Estrogen too high . . . turns out I had ovulated through the BCP (now why I couldn't have just gone ahead and gotten pregnant if I was going to ovulate??!). Arghh! Anyway, had to continue the Lupron for a whole 'nother WEEK, but the levels finally came down, stimmed for 11 days (they said normal to stim for a bit longer than usual b/c of the longer Lupron period). Transferred 3 embryos 6 days ago . . . .

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you :-) My E2 was really high after stopping BCP and starting 10 U of Lupron - after 1 week of Lupron, E2 was over 200! I have to do a week of 20 U in hopes of it coming down to <50. Your experience is inspiring to me. Good luck and I will be following your journey!