Monday, April 7, 2008

The Calm

Finally, I feel like things are starting to calm down. Lets get the most exciting news out of the way first, AF is here!! Yay! Today is CD2! My body actually did something on time. AF actually came on the estimated day they said it would come on my protocol...imagine that..something happening on time! So I called my nurse this morning to schedule my Lurpron evaluation which will most likely be tomorrow morning. Then, assuming that there aren't any cysts, we will start stims tomorrow night. I am curious what does my doc will put me on for the stims. I am also curious about how the monitoring appointments are going to affect our little trip this weekend. I wonder if my doctor is really serious about having me come in every day? Well, if we have to we will have to drive from Gettysburg to Annapolis both Saturday and Sunday morning. It will be a little annoying but either way, we will do what we have to do.

We went to the viewing on Thursday night. I was okay until everyone left and it was just the family and Dh's grandmother had to say her goodbyes. She kept saying that it would be the last time she would ever see him. We told her no, it would not be the last time, and not to say goodbye but see you later. I told her if she ever wants to see him all she has to do is close her eyes. The funeral on Friday was the most beautiful funerals I have ever been to. I didn't really look behind me to see how many people were there but I am sure it was a lot. We were so exhausted when we got home.

Saturday was Dh's party which turned out wonderful. Hopefully I can post some pictures soon. It was good to see everyone there and have a reason to celebrate. My Dh deserves only the best and it was so nice to see everyone there to celebrate his birthday. I can't even begin to describe what a wonderful husband he is! Happy 30th birthday Shawn!

Well, that's about it for now, I could go on and on but my belly is upset today so I will update later!

5 comments:

Penelope said...

YAY for AF showing up on time. I can totally relate. My body doesnt do anything its supposed to LOL!! I hope you dont have to travel while you are on vacation, I would talk to your RE about it and maybe he can just see you on Friday and Monday. Hope you have a great trip!!

Nadine said...

glad that everything is going on time :)

Adriane said...

Great news that you are on schedule! I am just catching up and was so sad to hear the news about your DH's grandfather. My thoughts are with your family.

Maria said...

YAY, AF's on time! So great, next step here you come.

That is so sad about DH's grandmother, but I think you all gave her good advice, not goodbye, but see you later.

Happy 30th Birthday Shawn! The party sounds like a great sucess.

Evil Stepmonster said...

It sounds like the funeral was a fitting send-off for a man you obviously admired a lot.

Yay for starting a new cycle, I will be joining you in a few days.

Happy birthday to Shawn!