Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another Road Bump

Well, I just got a call from my nurse. I now have 31 follicles total, all too small to measure and my e2 has skyrocketed to 494. So, I have to cut my Follistim dose in half (75 iu), continue on the 75 iu of Menopur and go back tomorrow morning. I swear, I wonder what it is like to have a normal uneventful cycle? Guess I will never know. There is no doubt that all of this is being caused by my PCOS. I know 31 follicles sounds great but it isn't. If there are too many follicles then none of them will get big enough to retrieve. So, now we have to try to slow my body down. I just have a very bad feeling that my very first IVF cycle is going to end up getting cancelled. Maybe I should join a circus to raise money for more treatments, but I guess not too many people want to look at the freak with the defective ovaries. Anyway, I will update tomorrow morning although obviously the secret lies in the bloodwork at least for me. Please pray, or send your thoughts, or whatever you do, that my body cooperates for once.

Also, please stop by and give Erin a hug, she got a negative beta today and could use some support.

6 comments:

Rho said...

What a bummer! There is such a fine line with PCOS and stimming/overstimming. I am hoping that they can slow things down and you will have some nice mature follies for this cycle. Come on body...participate!

nickoletta100 said...

I am sorry, that sounds so frustrating. I hope they can slow you down so you get a chance to do the IVF.

sara said...

Sending you some prayers and hugs thta your body slows down and the IVF ends up working out. Hugs :-)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like they're taking good care of you. It's better to be cautious. My first cycle ended up being cancelled.

AwkwardMoments said...

AH that lovely b*tch Pcos! I know what thats like. Hang in there - thinking only good thoughts

Evil Stepmonster said...

My thats a lot of follies! Don't you just hate PCOS. The first cycle should be discounted or free because it's basically just a learning exercise. I had 26 eggs collected on my first cycle and ended up with OHSS, so I'm glad they're reducing you're meds early.

Thinking of you and praying for the best outcome possible.