Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Are you alright hun? (6w6d)

He he, the title of my post will be explained in a moment. We had a very relaxing weekend!! Dh’s grandmother owns a farmhouse in Western Maryland and we spent the weekend there. We left Saturday morning because usually traffic is bad on Friday evening memorial day weekend. I took everyone’s advice and kept some cheerios by the bedside and ate them before I got out of bed. Actually, I woke up feeling yucky in the middle of the night a couple of times and had to eat some cheerios then too. I took my time getting out of bed and it seemed to help a bit. We met Dh’s grandmother at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and I ate more than I have in a week! I guess I am going to have my days where I feel better and some days where I feel terrible. Saturday was definitely one of the better days. I spent most of my weekend sitting in a lounge chair in the yard watching Dh build a porch and reading Harry Potter for the nine-millionth time. The weather was beautiful this weekend! I was able to take naps when I needed them and basically lounge around all day. I did notice that while I feel completely exhausted and sometimes really need a nap if I take a nap I feel worse when I wake up. I don’t know what that is about but instead of feeling rested I feel even more tired and sick on top of that. I almost feel like I haven’t slept in 24 hours straight. Sunday night I didn’t feel good at all and woke up several times throughout the night and had to snack on my cheerios. I spent some time in the bathroom sure I was going to puke but thank God I didn’t. I was even dreaming about puking and woke up in the middle of the night with my head hanging off of the edge of the bed like I was going to puke. It was scary to think that I may have actually puked in my sleep if I hadn’t woken up. On Monday I felt even worse. The three hour ride home was awful and I was so exhausted and nauseous. Dh and I both took a nap for about three hours when we got home and of course I woke up feeling even worse. This morning I felt pretty awful. I finally gave in and took one of the Zofran they gave me when I had the OHSS. It seemed to help and now I am feeling a bit better. When I go for my u/s tomorrow I am going to ask my Re for another prescription for some more Zofran.

Now, on to my title. Let me preface this by saying that I am VERY bloated! I guess it is my ovaries combined with the normal bloat for this time in a pregnancy. So, I bought a tummy sleeve from Motherhood and I have been wearing it with my pants since I can’t button my pants right now. So anyway, on to the story. When we arrived at the farm house Dh and I decided that we needed to go to the store and pick up some soda I could drink and some snacks for me. So we went to the local hillbilly grocery store on top of the mountain. I picked up some snacks and we got in line to check out. It was about that time that I started not to feel well. I really needed to eat something and was basically salivating looking at the snacks we were purchasing. I guess I looked a little sick feeling because the cashier looked at me and asked “Are you okay hun? Is the baby kicking?” She really caught me off guard asking a question like that. I mean, yeah, I am bloated but I don’t think I am quite big enough that someone should be asking me a question like that! I recovered quickly and said something like “Um, not quite yet, I’m just not feeling well.” She proceeded to go on to offer me something to drink. I told her no I would be fine. I walked out of the store laughing but I couldn’t help but think how different I would have felt had a NOT been pregnant. What if I was still just bloated from the OHSS and someone said that to me? How crushed would that make me feel? I mean, isn’t like common courtesy to not ask someone about their baby unless it is 100% obvious that they are pregnant? I just couldn’t believe that I could be that bloated! It made me feel crappy about my body. I’m already feeling fat as it is. I’m having an awful time fitting into my clothes and I am already dreading having to go buy a bigger pair of pants and shirts that are a little loose fitting. So this didn’t make me feel any better.

Anyway, I wish I had more to write about. I love all of the new commenters and I can’t wait to check out everyone’s blog. I have my 7 week ultrasound and I am excited and scared at the same time. I hope my little Doozer has grown and has a nice strong heartbeat. I think if all goes well I may be graduating from my RE tomorrow. I am hopeful because of the morning sickness and hoping that it means my little guy is growing but I will feel better when I get to see for myself. I am also nervous because I am not feeling as much cramps as I used to, but I was also worried when I was feeling the cramps so I guess you can’t win with me. Please pray that all is well with my little Doozer! My appointment is at 8:15 tomorrow and I will update when I get back to work.

19 comments:

SassyCupcakes said...

I'm so sorry you've been feeling crappy, it sounds like a really nice weekend though. I hope your ultrasound goes smoothly and you the little guy is going well.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I hope you feel better soon and get your tummy and sleep routines under control. Thank goodness for Zofran! Best Wishes on your U/S and graduation from your RE.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you are feeling better and were able to get a better night's rest....Hope all is well at your appointment today...praying peace for you!
Try not to get too worried about other's comments...it is just the beginning!!!! People just don't think before they speak......I am just so happy that you are pregnant...because as you said, that would have been devastating...people just don't know until you have been through it, to be sensitive when commenting to others. But I never got TOTAL Strangers feeling like they need to strike up a converstation with you...and just wait till TOTAL strangers start touching you!!!! :) Hang in there and I can't wait for the update from the Doctor...

AwkwardMoments said...

The first couple weeks are a rough start. I am thinking of you.

That cashier has some nerve! Way to handle that like a rockstar!

Sending you prayers for a great appointment tomorrow

Erin said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling so great. All in the name of a healthy baby right? Sounds like you had a great weekend. I can't wait to hear all about your u/s tomorrow!

sara said...

I can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow and I hope you are feeling better soon! You should have said to the cashier, "no I'm feeling fine and the baby is not kicking - is yours?" Or maybe you could reply, "Aw thanks for noticing I'm pregnant, I see you are also - how far along are you?" People are crazy! Sounds like she would be a nice friend for nurse toad face :-) Do you think you'll be able to post a picture tomorrow, if you are I can't wait to see little Doozer!

sara said...

Forgot to say my scanner has been on the fritz and I'm hoping it is working tomorrow so I can finally scan some of Spot's pictures, don't you hate it when things aren't working?

CJ said...

Hey girl, my sonogram is June 3rd! Grow Doozer Grow!

Cece said...

Good luck at your u/s!

Stace said...

As always, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! :) I'm sure you'll go in tomorrow and things will be fabulous! Can't wait to hear the results!

Stace said...

As always, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! :) I'm sure you'll go in tomorrow and things will be fabulous! Can't wait to hear the results!

astral said...

Good luck and I hope you feel better. I look forward to your update.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yeah, I've heard it said that you should never assume that someone is pregnant until you can see the baby's head. I always go with that. She was totally out of line, but you handled it nicely.

Aunt Becky said...

*hugs*

I'm here from NaComLeavMo to say that I'll be keeping you and Doozer in my heart! Hope all is well with you both.

Steph said...

I can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow!! Good Luck! I am sorry you are feeling so awful. It's kinda funny; when I was trying naturally to get preggy (not knowing we had issues), I longed to have morning sickness!!

Christy said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Good luck with the ultrasound.

Jendeis said...

Another person from NaComLeavMo. Hope that everything goes well at your appointment. Have you tried ginger for the nausea? You can get it in pill or candied form and it definitely makes a difference for me.

smartypants said...

Here from NCLM! Good luck on your ultrasound!

Cindy said...

Praying for a good U/S!