Monday, May 19, 2008

5w5d

He he, I know, very creative title but I can’t think of a better title. I am having a lot of trouble coming up with something to post lately. It’s not that I don’t have a lot to say, I could probably write a book. It’s just that at what point do you get tired of reading about my worries and fears? I have to admit, after Friday’s beta I do feel much better and more relaxed. But as our first u/s approaches I am beginning to worry again. I am so worried that they are not going to see anything or that there will be something wrong. I am sure these are probably normal fears. I wish I felt more “p-word” (I go back and forth about using the actual word.) Last week I had some cramping every day, now I don’t really have cramps at all except for maybe every once in a while. I don’t feel sick or anything, I do feel “different” sometimes but nothing too odd. I am very tired, mostly around 7 p.m. Other than that I don’t really have any symptoms. I’m trying not to worry over my lack of symptoms either, but once again, I am. But at least I no longer have a sense of impending doom. This probably due to the fact that my RE told me to begin taking my anxiety meds again. Now, I feel a bit of hope creeping in still mixed with some fear. I have noticed that I am very “bloated.” I seriously doubt this is due to Doozer, who is miniscule right now, and can’t possibly be causing my belly to grow already. I think it is more likely that my ovaries are getting larger again. But, at any rate I am finding my pants extremely uncomfortable and very very tight. What do I do? Obviously I don’t need maternity pants nor would I ever purchase them now, but I need to do something. Wearing extremely tight pants is not comfortable at all! I thought about buying a bella band or something like it but once again, to me that falls under maternity clothes category and will most likely jinx me! So what do I do? It seems silly to go out and buy a bunch of bigger sized pants when hopefully soon I will need maternity clothes. I am already a chubby girl, and I already had to buy a bigger pants size once we started IVF, now I can’t fathom having to buy yet another bigger size! Those of you that had some chub around the middle (I have the classic PCOS belly), did you start expanding much quicker? What did you do to accommodate the bloat before you actually needed maternity clothes? Should I just suck it up and get the bella band or get some bigger pants?

In other news, I survived church on Sunday! I was so worried about going to church because it would be the first day I saw everyone since we shared our news. Since we have been so open it has been both a blessing and a curse. It has been a blessing because we have received many kind words and prayers and I believe that we have raised awareness in our community about IF. It has been a curse because we were forced to tell everyone way earlier than I ever would have told anyone. I was nervous about going to church because everyone was so excited about hearing our results I thought for sure they would attack me as soon as I walked in the door. But everyone was very nice, I did get a lot of “how are you feeling” and lots of “congratulations” but no attacks!

Our weekend was wonderful! Friday Dh and I just hung around the house and relaxed. Saturday we woke up early and went to Bob Evans for breakfast. You would think that since I am “the p-word” I would be ravishingly hungry and eat a lot of food, but I’m really not. In fact, it almost seems that I can’t eat as much or as big of meals as I could before. I think it is due to my ovaries swelling again. But anyway, I had ½ of a yummy breakfast and Dh ate the other half. Then we headed off to the Baltimore Zoo to meet the baby elephant Samson. He is too cute! We did get some pictures and if I remember I will post them. We stayed at the zoo until about 1:00 p.m. it was a lot more walking than I anticipated and I was exhausted when we got home. I rested, and maybe took a small nap when I got home. Dh’s softball game was cancelled so we spend the day at Dh’s parents. On Sunday we went to church and then Sunday evening Dh took me to Medieval Times. It was so much fun! So all in all we have a very exciting weekend. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I enjoy spending time with my Dh. Ever since we met 10 years ago we have spent every minute possible together and I never get tired of it!

I do have a post planned but it probably won’t be until after our u/s. tomorrows post will probably be filled with more worries and fears. One question I am going to call NTF and ask is if I am still supposed to do the Endometrin suppository the morning of my u/s, I mean, wont it get in the way or something?

11 comments:

Nix said...

Don't worry about the non symptoms.
They started with me at six and a half weeks. I also only ever had morning sickness, the rest past me by ;-), if I hadn't been pregnant with twins, I think I would have got away scott free

Erin said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Your fears are normal, and this is your blog. Who cares if people get tired of it?

Agata said...

Do not worry about symptoms or the lack of them. I never had any symptoms - my only symptom was a growing belly. I didn't throw up ever (I wasn't even feeling nauseous), my boobs weren't sore... I was always worried that something was wrong because I felt so good! I finally started feeling pregnant at around 20w.

About the clothes - I know what you mean. Having PCOS on top of infertility meds messes with your body. I bought some comfortable pants from Motherhood Maternity quite early on. They are not your typical maternity pants, they just have a nice wide stretch-band around. And they're nice striped work pants - I still wear them on occassion when I'm feeling bloated and it's been 3 years since I bought them! They are so comfortable and nice to wear to work. I know you don't want to jinx yourself though - so here is another tidbit. Plus size clothing (you can get anywhere) is an awesome fit during pregnancy too. And cheaper than maternity clothes too. So buy a pair of pants, a skirt, etc. They will be useful for the first trimester and into the second one.

Oh, and at 5w5d I had my very first u/s at the IF clinic. I was so used to looking at the u/s screen and seeing cysts, thin lining, etc. Then the RE did the u/s (my last appointment with him) and it was surreal to see a tiny spec on the screen with a tiny heartbeat. I gave him a big hug and burst into tears... I just know you'll have the same experience!

Candi said...

We were also very open with our church about everything. They knew when we had beta, but nobody wanted to say anything until one of us did...we let them sweat it out, then I raised my hand and said "We want to thank everyone for all your prayers...and we're due in December!!" It was fun!

CJ said...

Hey girl! I did the endometrin before my transfer and I thought it would get in the way, but somehow it didn't and they told me to go ahead and take it so i did. Weird huh. You should have no worries, think positive. I don't know how many times I am going to have to tell you this! LOL! :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm really happy for you both and wishing a beautiful strong heartbeat for your U/S. Re.the suppository, it usually dissolves/absorbs within approx.30-45 minutes due to body heat and moisture. I hope NTF/RE's office are responsive to your questions/concerns. I swear by the belly band by JCPenney whenever you feel ready. Good Luck!

Meghan said...

I started wearing the bella band around 8 weeks and I had bought it before then. I also used the rubber band through the button hole trick before moving to the bella band. You might as well be comfortable. I didn't buy bigger pants, I didn't see the point in getting pants that were a size bigger to last me 3 weeks of so and then getting maternity pants. So I just went with the bella band.

Good luck with the wait for your u/s, keep up the distractions!

AwkwardMoments said...

I do suggest a bella band - You can wait a week if you want. wear unbuttoned pants with long shorts if that is more comfortable for you. I think target sells the belly bands

symptoms -shmymptoms- don't worry about those, just take care of yourself

Rachie Pachie said...

So nice to hear about your weekend! What a relief for church to not be overwhelming & to receive the support you both got!

I would say grab some of hubby's pj pants! :) Oh, yeah, you need to wear them out in public... LOL.

Can't wait to hear about the US!

Beth said...

Everything you are worried about & think about was so me 6 weeks ago. It is like deja vu!!! I know it is SO hard to relax, b/c I don't know how to either, but every symptom you've experienced, so did I at that time & now I am at 11 weeks, so I think that you can call yourself PREGNANT and be happy. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see how the u/s goes & seeing your babe for the first time!!!

Steph said...

Sounds like you had an action filled weekend!! I am so glad you got the reaction you wanted from your church! It always makes you feel better to be loved than attacked. Also, I agree with some of the others! This is your blog; write whatever you want!!!!