Wednesday, May 21, 2008

All is well! (6w0d)

Whew! We just got back from our u/s! I was so nervous in the waiting room that by the time I got up on the table I was shaking. Dr. Osheroff came in and immediately congratulated us and gave me a big hug. He seemed so excited so that was nice. He immediately turned the screen towards me and explained everything he was doing. He found the sac quickly and I could see the yolk sac. Then I saw it, a little tiny flicker of light. He explained to us that it looked like a diamond ring, the round part being the yolk sac and the top part of the ring being our little baby. It was amazing to watch the heartbeat! Doozer was so small compared to the yolk sac. The Dr. measured everything and said everything was measuring right on track. I asked him to measure the heartbeat and it was 90bpm. It was hard to measure since Doozer is so small but he said it was perfect for 6 weeks. He did look at my ovaries, which were huge as usual but he didn’t say anything so I guess they are fine. He asked me to sit up and told me to make another appointment for next Wednesday for another u/s and gave me another big hug and told us how happy he was for us. They gave us a picture of our little Doozer to take home. I do have the picture but I’m at work so I will have to scan it when I get home. I am relieved and amazed that there is another heart beating inside of me. Of course I am still cautious and scared, and probably always will be, but I feel like we hit an important milestone by seeing the heartbeat. I can’t wait to see our Doozer again next week. I want to thank all of you for keeping me sane and for all of the wonderful comments and support, it means more than you will ever know. I will update later with Doozer’s picture!!

18 comments:

Erin said...

That is great! I can't wait to see this first picture of your little miracle. Of course I need to be "aunt" to him/her. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congrats ....i am so happy for u...even i am going for my 1st u/s on 6 weeks ...so litt. bit worried...but after reading urs it am relaxed...
enjoy...
aish

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wonderful news on your U/S! Great pictures at the zoo, you both look so happy and you have the "glow". Can't wait to see baby's first picture and hear More Wonderful news with the next U/S.

Rachie Pachie said...

Yay! That's great! And so nice that your doctor is so sweet to you two. Can't wait to see the picture! :)

Agata said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and Shawn! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just started my blog last week. I have actually read most of your post. If you get a chance, check out my blog. I just starting my stims Monday and so far, so good. I will check you out each day to see your progress! God Doozer!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! Congradulations!!! Can't wait to see the sweet pic!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

CJ said...

Sounds wonderful!! So happy!!!

Adriane said...

Yay! A heartbeat!! So excited for you - Congrats!!!!

AwkwardMoments said...

YAH!!!! Congrats!

sarah23 said...

That is so amazing!!! Congratulations!
I can't wait to see the picture.

I have my first ultrasound next Tuesday at 6w0d, and I'm really hoping and praying that it is as successful as yours.

Stace said...

So exciting!! Congrats and I'm still crossing my fingers for everything to go A-OK! :)

Candi said...

Congrats! Seeing that little heart is amazing, isn't it?!

My_Herstory said...

YAAAAY! I'm so happy that it went well today! Can't wait to see the picture! YAAAY DOOZER!

My_Herstory said...

And yaaaay mommy! :)

Steph said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for the both of you!!

Meghan said...

YEAH!!!!! Congrats on the fantastic appointment and seeing that heartbeat!

sara said...

What great news! I guess all the chanting of dig doozer dig worked! Doesn't seeing the heartbeat literally make your heart smile? I didn't know that was possible, but I do now. I'm glad you were blessed to experience that as well!