Friday, May 9, 2008

Shall I Build a Fence?

I'm thinking of building a fence around my house with all of my HPTs I have been taking. Or perhaps I will use them as garden edging. Either way I am accumulating quite a collection. This morning's test was still a BFP. I used EPT, the kind that has the plus or the minus. I know it seems crazy to take all of the HPTs but since I have to wait so freakin long for my beta it is the only thing that is keeping me somewhat sane. We told Dh's parents last night. I didn't feel comfortable making it a big deal on Mother's Day so I asked DH if it would be okay if we just told them. I knew they would pray like crazy and that is exactly what we need, lots of prayers. So we went over to their house and visited. Then Dh announced that he wanted to show them something that we "found in our house", "something that we have never seen before" we led on that it might be some sort of bug or something. So Dh pulled up the picture of our digital HPT and I watched my MIL's face go from confusion to realization. She looked at me and said "you're pregnant?" I said "well, that's what the tests have been telling us." They were thrilled! We went on to explain that we haven't gotten the blood test yet and that we didn't want anyone to know quite yet but we wanted them to know. It was a good evening and I went away feeling better that we told someone. As for me, I'm terrified for Monday. I am so scared they are going to call and say that the beta is too low or that it wont rise. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long. I wonder if they know how much stress they are putting me through by making me wait so long for my beta. And because my beta is later than most people's I don't know what kind of number to expect. Dh and I haven't gotten Mother's Day gifts or cards for our moms yet (did I mention I HATE Mother's Day?) We have been so wrapped up in our current situation that it kind of slipped our minds. So we will have to go shopping tonight. I also have to make deviled eggs for a picnic we are having at DH's grandmother's tomorrow. Lastly, I wanted to thank everyone for all of their wonderful comments and support. I could never do this without all of you. I think and pray about each any every one of you every single day. I pray for your hearts when you are hurting and rejoice with you when you are happy. I hope that we will all still be commenting on each other's blogs many years from now. You probably won't hear from me until Monday when you will get the "Before the Beta" blog. Ugh...it seems so far away!

11 comments:

Nadine said...

It's cruel that they make you wait so long, just plain cruel.
Celebrate this mothers day, you have something to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

well u broke good news to ur inlaws ..must be very excited ..so u can celebrate mothers day now ,i mean u will also get gift hmmmmm...
crossing my fingers...
what about ur bad cramps r they gone now....

molly

Shawn said...

LOL I read the first couple words in your post, and started to think aww man now she wants me to put up a fence? LOL

AwkwardMoments said...

Pictures picutes ..load all thoise stick up in a pic!

I am so excited for mondays report!

sara said...

You are too cute with your sticks! After we got our first beta back, I started peeing on all different brands of tests because I have never actually seen a positive one before. By the time my second beta came around I had used 6 brands, and 12 sticks! Then I was afraid to throw them away out of fear that if I did, something bad would happen to the pregnancy. So even now, I have 12 peed on sticks in a ziplock baggie in my drawer. What I will do with them remains an unsolved mystery! Hope you have a good weekend, let me know if you have any good idea for our sticks. Wait, maybe if all of us infertiles took our sticks together, we could build a long bridge or fence like you thought. Hmmm let me think...

Adriane said...

I am so mad at your RE for making you wait this long. It's torture! I don't blame you for taking so many HPTs. Perhaps you could make something useful or artsy out of them. :-)

OK, regarding beta levels - I just chedcked and betabase is back up. I think it was down for a while? When you get your numbers, go to:

http://www.betabase.info/

You can compare your levels to that of others that were entered. I cannot WAIT to see your update on Monday. Wishing you so much luck!!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow and an even better day on Monday!

Stace said...

I'm so happy for you! I've been reading your blog for awhile and it's great to see you so happy!! I'm hoping and praying that everything will work out from now on!!!! :)

Maria said...

I can't wait for your beta tomorrow!!

I'm praying for a nice big strong number!!!

PS- I nominated you!

Candi said...

Oh, I cried when I read that! Have a happy Mother's Day...mommy!!

Anonymous said...

wish u all the best for ur beta
molly

My_Herstory said...

Wishing you the very best for tomorrow. HuGs!