Thursday, May 8, 2008

It Says Yes!

So, I have been a POAS madwoman! I have taken four tests already! I took a digital test last night. Now, I hate digital tests because I think they are mean, so I got the ones that say yes/no instead of the pregnant/not pregnant ones. Well, it said yes!Those are Dh's big ole fingers not mine! I also took another test this morning and it was still positive. So, I am going to drop to only doing a test in the a.m...lol. I started to feel like the OHSS might be coming back a little last night. My ovaries hurt! But, I'm not complaining because that lets me know that the HCG is in my system. It is so hard to have to wait this long for a beta! Also, thanks to Sara's offer to cast a spell on mean nurse and turn her in to a toad (which I am all for) I have to decided to call the mean nurse "Nurse Toad Face" or NTF for short. As for telling our mothers I guess we have agreed to tell them but to explain that we haven't gotten blood test results yet and anything could still happen. I'm still nervous about doing it but oh well. Well, I wish I had more to say but the truth is I am so tired I am just trying to stay awake at work! I'll be back tomorrow to update BFP Watch 2008!

14 comments:

Erin said...

I hate digitals too. There are nicer ways to say "NOT PREGNANT". Rememeber that HCG doubles every 2 days, so don't be discouraged if the lines are noticeably darker every day. It's every 2 days that counts. I am so, so, so, happy for you!

Anonymous said...

hi , well i am so happy for u .. crossing my fingers for u...well i am also in 2 ww after ivf ...
HAve a Q what about the cramps u were getting before r they gone ?
Well i have cramps when i sit or stand on my sides (ovaries) ...do u have the same thing i am not doing any test ......

Anonymous said...

i just posted above...well my name is Aishley and i live in VA & also got to shady grove,my Re is Dr.Browne

Nadine said...

To Aishley - the anon - I had cramps in my ovaries and was NOT pregnant, I think that is just a reaction to all the drugs that we take for the IVF.

Morrisa - YES! I'm so happy for you, Can't wait to move you to my knocked up blogs...

Candi said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very Exciting!!

AwkwardMoments said...

YES!!!

Morrisa said...

To Aishley:

Thanks for stopping by! The cramps that I had were like af-type cramps. Yes, I still have them every once in a while but not as often. The pain in my ovaries is from OHSS and the fact that my ovaries are still huge from the stims. I'm hoping you get your BFP soon!

Morrisa

Rachie Pachie said...

Sah-weet!

I definitely understand the hesitation in telling your mothers, but I think it will be so sweet to let them know! And to be able to celebrate Mother's Day yourself! :)

Maria said...

OMG!!

Let me just repeat what the test already said... YES!!!

I'm so far behind on my reading, but this is such excellent news!!

CONGRATS!

Meghan said...

HURRAY!!

And I'm sorry about your OHSS getting worse, but they say that is actually a good sign.

Bummer about NTF...she sucks

Adriane said...

GREAT, FABULOUS news!!! I'm so mad they couldn't move your beta. Nasty nurse! Congratulations on your wonderful news!!!

sara said...

I love the nurse toad face reference! Yes Yes Yes, I do believe you're pregnant! That sounds like a great plan to tell your moms for mother's day. I can't wait for you to share your great news with them. I am truly delighted for you! I find myself smiling when I click to your page. As far as the OHSS, I think that's a good sign. I actually didn't have much problems until my HCG started spikiing, but the docs say that's the sign of a steady pregnancy. But I do hope you feel better soon mama!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news!! It's just so great to hear that it's positive after all the terrible struggles you've had with your health during this cycle. Wonderful!! xxx