Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Name & Other Randomness

First, to answer Nicole's question: YES! I do sell Longaberger baskets. You can check out my personal site here.

Second, I am thinking about changing the name of my blog. Not because I don't like the name but because it has the same name as the blog that I keep for family & friends. I think that if someone wanted they could easily find this blog by typing in the same name in Goo*gle. I like the name of my blog but I want this site to be for blogging/IF friends only. So, I am in the process of thinking of a new name.

Thirdly, I need a hobby. I mean, I have a lot of hobbies but none I feel like doing at this time. I love to knit, but I only know how to knit scarves and one can only knit so many scarves! I love to read but I have read all of my books and I don't know what else to read. I love Harry Potter books but I have read them a gazillion times. I also like books by Beverly Lewis. If anyone has any suggestion of any books that you have read I would love to hear them. I also love to scrapbook but I really don't have any desire to do so right now. I love to bake but then I eat what I make and we all know that can't be good. So, I am at a loss for what to do with my free time.

Lastly, why does my cat poop on the floor? We keep her litter box clean and she still poops right outside of the litter box on the floor. I just don't get it!! She has been doing it for about a year now almost every time she goes potty. Luckily she doesn't pee on the floor! Grrrrr!!

7 comments:

Maria said...

When your cat poops on the floor by her box, is she half in/out of the box. That happened a few times with my old cats. They would think they're all the way in, but their butts would be hanging out.

Just a thought.

AwkwardMoments said...

My cats started fling-ing the poo when she was "covering it up" could that be happening. We got a box with taller sides. I love the jennier Weiner books, But i am a bit girlie and so are the books.

Adriane said...

I think I need a hobby, too! I was actually trying to take up knitting here recently. What about something active? I was doing a kickboxing class at the Y and ended up loving it!!

DebbieDo said...

I felt the same way about a hobby about a year ago when we had just wrapped up 5 failed IUI's in a row. We were ready for a break from treatments and I was exhausted and not very happy. My solution was to join the Juinor League and I love it. I'm so happy I joined not only for the social reasons but I feel like I'm making a differnece in giving back to my community.

Last week I signed up for a 10k mud run in June so that will give me something to train for. I like your idea of knitting, I've always wanted to learn that. Maybe I'll sign up for a class?

These are just things that worked for me and I'm sure you will find something that will work for you.

Hang in there girl ((HUGS))

Brianna said...

Ahh crud, so sorry about the cysts. But you are handling it so well. If you go over to Maria's blog, I recently sent her a book called "A Few Good Eggs". I absolutely loved it. It is a really good read! I can't wait for you to get back in the game.

Nicole said...

One of my favorite authors is Jasper Fforde. I love his books! He has two series out - a Nursery Crime series (with Detective Jack Spratt and Sergeant Mary Mary) and the Thursday Next series. I'm not sure how to describe them, especially the Thursday Next series. I also scrapbook - right now I'm working on an album for my cats. And thanks for posting the Longaberger link.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Hey Morrisa, thanks for your comments. They always help me out. So thoughtful, and uplifting. Anyhow I know what you mean about the hobbies. Weird but it's funny how you can "run out" of things you enjoy. My hubby is a Harry Potter nut too and he says that the audio books of Harry Potter read by Jim Dale are awesome! He says that the guy does the voices and makes it very fun. Give one a try, and if you need it sent to you let me know. HUGS as always.