Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cysts

Well, I went for my baseline today and I have one 4cm cyst on each ovary. They did some blood work and they will call me and let me know what to do but I am pretty sure that I will be sitting out this month. This explains the awful pain I have been having lately though. I am feeling much better today and more relaxed, which is off considering I may be benched this cycle. I can’t say it was a total shock though because I knew something was going on in there. I asked God last night for a sign that I was making the right decision to do another IUI cycle and this is what I get, so, does that mean he gave me a sign that I did NOT make the right decision? I have to think about it a little more. I have never had cysts this big so it must have something to do with the Follistim. I’m not even sure what they do for cysts to help them clear up. I am really suprised that I am not too bummed out, I mean I just got off of a 2 year break from ttc but for some reason another small break doesn't sound so bad. I have noticed a drop in the number of comments on my posts so I am hoping that my craziness hasn’t scared everyone away!

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Sorry about the cyst. If your E2 is high, they'll give you birth control pills to reduce the cyst faster. I've had some 3 and 4 mm ones and sometimes I get the bcps and somethings they tell me to just wait it out.

Sorry about having to take this cycle off, but I'm glad you're in a good place and are ok with it.

Crossing my fingers you don't need the bcps, god I hate them!

AwkwardMoments said...

Yes what Meghan said! Good luck to you.

Maria said...

I've heard the same thing about bcp's. I'm so sorry that you might have to take a break, but it's awesome that you're handling it so well.

Hang in there.

Nadine said...

sorry about the cysts - I had a pile after doing my iui - the stim drugs can cause them. I went on a bcp and a lot of them went away, so they will probably do that.
Good luck and take care of yourself this month.

Brianna said...

I fourth that...no wait fifth that. I had a cyst back in September and had to do a month of BCPs to clear it up. Sometimes a rest cycle is what we need to regain our sanity! I hope God gives you a better sign!