Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Benched

Well, my nurse called and as I suspected they are functional cysts therefore I can obviously not do any stims this month. She told me I don’t need to go on BCPs though. I guess since I don’t ovulate they aren’t worried that they will grow? Anyway, in the meantime I asked her if she could go ahead and start the process for the IVF. She said my RE was already writing a letter to my insurance company as we speak. I think he is offended that they are using a “chart” to instead of trusting his medical recommendations. So, if my insurance gives an all clear looks like my next cycle will be an IVF cycle. In the meantime I am going to try to build back up our savings as much as we can. I am actually pretty excited about taking a short break which is odd considering we just came off of a 2+ year break and only did one cycle of treatments. So I am to wait 30 days for af to show up (which she wont because I don’t ever get her on my own) and then if no af I will go back in for an u/s just to make sure that the cysts have gone away. Then we will go from there. So, while I won’t really be blogging about too many things IF related I will try to come up with some things to blog about. So don’t fear I will still be blogging. Thanks for the comments and like I said before, I hope I didn’t scare anyone away with my craziness!

7 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

The cysts will go away on there own!!! i demand it

Meghan said...

Telling those cysts to leave immediately!!

Hope your dr's letter to the insurance company helps. It is crazy that a set of rules dictates our treatment!

Adriane said...

Bummer!!! Cysts suck! Glad your Dr is writing to your insurance company - I hope they take his advice and professional opinion into consideration!!

Nicole said...

Sorry to hear about the cysts. Good luck with the insurance company. We're trying to start IVF at Shady Grove but are in the process of appealing our insurance company's decision not to cover IVF for us. It sucks. Anyway, I thought I read somewhere on your blog that you sell Longaberger baskets but can't seem to find anything now. Did I imagine this?

The Beauty Junkie said...

Dang is the cyst situation from teh PCOS? Please excuse my ignorance. I'm excited for you about the IVF. I hope your insurance company doesn't hold up the process. Good luck Morrisa

Evil Stepmonster said...

Hope the cysts go away on their own. In the meantime, it's always good to be able to take your mind off ttc for a bit.

Maria said...

I'm so sorry about the active cysts. I hope your insurance gives some kind of coverage.

I really admire your positive attitude!