Friday, January 11, 2008

13dpIUI= whatever

I couldn't think of a title for this post so there you are. Well, I took another test this morning and another BFN. So, I made a decision I am taking myself off the Prometrium. I can't stand the side effects anymore. I have terrible heartburn 24/7, I have eaten more tums then I have ever had in my life! My face looks like a science experiment with all of the pimples. So I decided to stop taking it. Whats the point? I also ordered Pro*active yesterday. I have been wanting to get it for a while, maybe it will help clear up my face. But, all of this aside, for today at least, I am okay. I realize that this was just once cycle of injectables and that I did reach my "goal." I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I have been thinking about money a lot lately. When we move on to IVF we will only have enough money for one cycle, and that is with insurance paying half. After that we will have absolutely no savings to get another round of IVF or to move on to adoption. I am hoping by then DH will have another job that will cover IVF (which is mandated coverage in Maryland except for HMOs, which my sucky insurance company happens to be.) But, I realize that I can't get stressed about the future quite yet. I do wonder though if af does show up before Monday if I will still have to get the beta. I bet you I will, I mean makes total sense to spend another couple hundred on a pointless blood test, right? I also think that I may have some cysts. That's the only think that can explain the odd cramps I have been having and the fact that every time I move it hurts. Walking gives me dull cramps. So, I wouldn't be surprised if when I go in for my day3 they see some cysts and I have to sit out a cycle.

So, I am all ready to go for my weekend with the youth group. We are going to Rock 2008 if anyone is interested in where we are going. We take the kids every year. It is basically a Christian youth convention with Christian bands and speakers. The band this year is Salvador so it should be pretty good. It is usually a pretty amazing experience and the speakers always have a wonderful message that I can even apply to my life even though it is aimed at youth. So I am looking forward to some much needed prayer time. I spent last night packing and filling my MP3 player with awesome 80's music so I have something to listen to. The only think that sucks is that I have to spend the weekend not sleeping in the same bed with dh. But it is only two nights and I suppose I will live. The convention is in Ocean City and it is usually freezing by the ocean. But the hotel we are staying in has ice skating and an indoor pool so it should keep the kids busy on their free time. I just hope and pray that the kids are well behaved as sometimes they can be royal brats!

Well, that's about it for today. I wish I had more to say but I am exhausted and I feel like I am coming down with a chest cold of some kind. I will be back to posting on Monday and will include some pictures of the weekend if I see anything interesting to take pictures of (most likely NOT my fat self so don't get excited!) Thanks for all the comments, you are the bestest!

10 comments:

Adriane said...

Sorry about the BFN. That sucks. I never had to be on the Prometrium, but I have heard it's awful.

Hope you have a fun weekend with the youth group!!!

The Beauty Junkie said...

Glad that you spoke to your mom, and you are right on to stop taking a med that hasn't worked and is making you feel miserable. Enjoy that retreat.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Glad that you spoke to your mom, and you are right on to stop taking a med that hasn't worked and is making you feel miserable. Enjoy that retreat.

Yetty said...

Hope the convention distracts you a bit. I do like Salvador - I play their song "Heaven" in my car almost as a daily commute ritual.

AwkwardMoments said...

i am sorry its anohter bfn- I do think your attitude is wonderful. I know money is such a huge part of IF journey. Don't get too far ahead. Planning is good- just do it slowly. I am so glad that your mom called and isn't ma dand all is well. Have a gret trip this weekend - come back all refreshed and renewed

DebbieDo said...

I'm so sorry that this try didn't work. Hang in there girl ((HUGS))

Brianna said...

So sorry for the BFN honey! I am glad that you see the big picture and that you realize that you achieved your "goal". I was sure that my first round of injectibles would work and when it didn't I was devastated. My RE had a chat with me and reminded me that even when everything is "perfect" there is still only a 15-20% chance of getting pregnant. I know it will happen for you! Have fun this weekend!!

Brianna said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you, last cycle I could have sworn I had a cyst because I was having the worst ovarian cramps. I was worried and so I was able to get in to my OBGYN and he said that a lot of times the prostaglandins (not to sure what these are) can cause these pains. I was experiencing this pain right after stopping the p-suppositories but before AF. And, I didn't have any cysts! Don't give up yet!

Meghan said...

So sorry about the negative. Sending you lots of hugs.

You'll be amazed how quickly you feel better when you stop the prometrium

Hope you have fun this weekend.

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this, but you seem to be handling it. The proactive will work...I had a friend who used it and it was like a miracle-worker. Have a great time this weekend...it sounds like it could be very centering.