Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another BFN (12dpIUI)

Well you read right ladies, I took another HPT yesterday morning at 11dpIUI and got another BFN. I'm okay with it, I know its still early but something tells me that this cycle wasn't the one. Call it intuition, whatever you want to call it, I just have that feeling. So after my negative HPT I decided to stay home from work and have a relaxing day. My relaxing turned out to be quite boring actually. I was planning on staying home and lounging around and reading or playing or the computer. I played on the computer in the morning but became bored, so then I read for a couple of hours and got bored of that too. So I ended up doing laundry and cleaning the house, not my idea of a relaxing day off! Also, for some reason everything I try to cook lately hasn't turned out right. It started with a cheesecake I made last Tuesday. Now, I am a pro at cheesecakes and my MIL always tells me I make the best cheesecake she has ever tasted (that's pretty good coming from MIL who I call Betty Crocker.) For some reason the cheesecake I made on Thursday turned out horrible. The Brownie on the bottom was too hard and it just didn't taste as good. I made it the exact same way I always do. Then last night I made a broccoli and cheese ring on my pizza stone. Once again, I made it the same way I always do but it still didn't taste right. Then I made a cherry pie for dessert and even though the crumb topping browned nicely when I cut into it the pastry on the bottom was not cooked. I don't know if there is something going on with my oven or what? So, I am hoping it is a fluke and that everything I cook from now on won't be either overcooked or undercooked.

Anyway, once again I want to apologize if I offended anyone with the parking space post the other day. Like I said, don't put too much stock into what I say as I am an infertile woman hopped up on hormones. I never promise that the things that I say are going to be rational. I do have one more thing to add to the list of annoyances though. This morning I was walking into the cafe in the bottom of our building to get breakfast and there was a lady walking a couple feet behind me. So, I opened the door stepped in and held the door for her. She immediately walked in front of me and got in line. I mean, am I just insane or is it rude to bypass someone who was there before you who waited for you and held the door for you? Then she took forever deciding what to order! But, its all good because I had a chuckle when I noticed the had a sticker stuck to her butt!

I also forgot to take my morning dose of the po*ochie pill (Prometrium.) By the time I remembered I decided to just skip it and do my evening dose. About 5:00 until bedtime I had very intense cramps like AF was coming. This just convinces me more that I am not pregnant and that the Prometrium is what is keeping AF from arriving. I figure my body was reacting to the drop off of the hormone and I bet you anything that if I didn't do my dose today that AF would have showed up shortly. I will test one more time tomorrow morning as I am going out of town with a bunch of our youth group kids to a youth convention and I want to know how much of a bi*tch I need to be to them. I will also test Monday the day of my beta. That way there will be no surprise when the call comes in. At least I wont have to worry about getting AF while away for the weekend as I have never gotten AF while still taking the Prometrium. So, I am almost positive that this cycle is a bust but hey, I met my goal of ovulating and that is a start...right?

Lastly, I love all of your comments!!! Keep them coming! I am in the process of trying to organize my list on the side of my blog so if I have you in the wrong category or if I haven't added you yet I will try to do it soon. It's kinda hard when I am supposed to be working!

10 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

STUPID STUPID p-Sticks!!! But you are right for cheering for ovulation!! That is a great start and a good attitude to carry. There was no offense taken by the parking lot post - i have said those same things out loud quite a few times!

I bet the cooking was a fluke... just to add to your torment! Have fun this weekend. I am still holding out for a late bfp!

PamalaLauren said...

You posts are never offensive. I just wanted to provide a little insight into why the spaces exist, at least why I believe they exist.

As for your door situation, that's just plain rude by the woman but I see that happen all the time, especially at restaurants. I've held doors for people and then they go in and go ahead and go before me. Excuse me for being nice, you could have at least let me go. Whatever!

Sorry about the BFN.

Brianna said...

So sorry about the BFN. And sorry about that rude lady! It seems that more and more people these days have lost their manners! Haha, she had a sticker on her butt!!

Adriane said...

Sorry about your BFN. It is still early, though. Hoping you get good news tomorrow!!

Very rude of that sticker-butt woman to walk past and get in line first.

Carrie said...

So sorry this cycle seems to be over. It is difficult to cope with all the hope and then realisation that, in fact, this may not be the one.

It's just so hard.

DebbieDo said...

:( I'm so sorry this try is over. you sound like you are in good spirits though.

Hang in there girl and thanks for stopping by my blog. I will send you an invite soon.

Meghan said...

Sorry about the negative. That blinding white screen just sucks.

But yeah for ovulating...you're right,it's teh first step!

Yetty said...

i know all about missing the prometrium dose close to 14dpo. i like the new widgets you have on your page now.

Maria said...

I'm so sorry about your bfn. I'm hoping it's still too early. YAY for O'ing!!

Ugh, I can't stand rudeness. It's a major pet peeve of mine.

Rebecca said...

Rude lady - deserves the sticker. I know it's hard seeing the negative, but you know you can do something right in this maze of infertility. Oh, and Prometrium does stave of your period, right? I think that's what they told me...have a fun weekend.