Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Easter Bunny

I had my own personal Easter bunny this year. Who might it be you ask? My Easter bunny is about six feet, with the most adorable puppy dog brown eyes, a shy grin, and a crazy sense of humor. Getting any warmer? Okay, okay, my Easter bunny was no other than my amazing hubby. What did he bring me you ask? Maybe jellybeans? No. Maybe chocolate bunnies? No. Maybe peanut butter eggs? Nope. This is what he brought me...




Yup, you guessed it, my hubby picked up my meds on Friday. This was my bag of goodies. He came in with a huge shopping bag full of drugs. I was actually surprised that I wasn't overwhelmed by the amount of medications. I guess because I expected it to be this much. I think Dh was a bit overwhelmed at the amount though. But, imagine our horror when we looked at this:


This my friends is the PIO needle. Holy cow! I know I have a big a$$ but it seems like this thing might come out the other end! Good thing my butt is numb from my back injury, I may not feel it at all. I was also surprised that there was not more PIO. There was only 2 vials, it didn't seem like a lot at all. This stuff is supposed to last me 2 weeks? I was also surprised to see some kind of vaginal suppositories. I thought I was done shoving nasty things in my lady bits! So not only do I have to do the PIO shots I have to use these things too? There was also a third type of progesterone in pill form. My RE doesn't mess around when it comes to the progesterone! All in all I am happy that everything is paid for and we are ready to go. The sub-q needles don't look bad at all, they are the same size as my Follistim pen needle. I am excited and ready to go! On 3/31 we start Lupron and I can't wait! I am even more excited to stop taking the BCPs. They are not nice to me! I don't feel nauseous when I take them anymore because I take them right before I go to sleep but I have been having af-like cramps for over a week now and it is getting a little old. I have also been feeling extremely tired and have been falling asleep or going to sleep earlier. I want to get back to exercising, I was doing so well until the chemical pg. I need to get back with it but I find myself so exhausted.

I think the tiredness might be due to stress as well. As you can imagine we have quite a bit going on in our lives right now. Of course we have the stress of starting the IVF cycle and all of the fears that go along with that. Then we have Dh's birthday party which is in 2 weeks. I have to finalize all of the arrangements with that and get all of the planning done. I still have some shopping to do for the party and I need to make the favors which MIL will be helping me with. Then we have the situation with Dh's grandfather. Dh's grandfather told us he wants to come home because he has something he needs to do and it has to be done at home. We have no idea what he is talking about but we respect his wishes. He came home yesterday in an ambulance and he has a hospice nurse coming to visit and take care of him when he needs it. He will not be taking anymore platelets or transfusions so we have no idea when his time will come. The whole situation is hard for me. Not only because I love Dh's grandfather and I think he is an amazing man who has taught me so much about faith, but because I love my FIL and I hate to see him upset. My father-in-law has been like the father I never had, he has always treated me the way I always hoped my father would treat me but never did. So when I see him hurt it hurts me too. It is also hard to see Dh hurt. When I see him hurt I want so bad to be able to take it away but I can't. Lastly, everything that is happening with Dh's grandfather brings back a lot of memories of what it was like for me when my father was sick. It is the most horrible feeling in the world to see someone you love suffer so much. It is even harder to "wait" for someone to die. It makes you think a lot about your own mortality and how life is such a blessing and there are so many times when we take it for granted.

Anyway, enough about the sad stuff. Remember, don't forget to watch Ghost Hunter on the Sci-Fi channel on Wednesday so you can see them investigate the hotel Dh and I will be staying at in Gettysburg!

10 comments:

Bec said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment. Stay strong xxx

Erin said...

I'm praying for you with everything. It will get better, I promise.

Maria said...

YAY, look at all those fun drugs!!

I truly hope you don't feel the PIO shots. Once we got the hang of it, they really weren't that bad, but towards the end of the 2ww, my but got progressively more sore. I definitely recommend a heating pad for right after the shot. It really does help.

AwkwardMoments said...

Who said drugs aren't recreational? just kidding.

Wishing y ou the most calm nect few weeks and a very positive outcome

sara said...

It's both exciting and overwhelming to get that bundle of joy of meds! I hope you get a couple of moments of peace and sanity in all the hectic stuff you have going on.

Nadine said...

Congrat on the big o' box o' drugs!

DebbieDo said...

Wow, I remember getting all those drugs just about 2 months ago now. I know about that excitment too. Just to be doing something towards a possible baby puts your mind at ease, and helps with the stress.

Best of luck sweetie, I'm here routing for you every step!

btw the big shots of progesterone are not as bad as you think, I iced before and heat after (but no heating pads!)

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Yikes that's a lot of LP drugs but why not give it your all?! :D

Carrie said...

It is a funny feeling when you get all the drugs, huh?
I hope this will be all the drugs you ever need xx

Penelope said...

Yikes thats a lot of drugs :)

((hugs)) about your DH's grandfather. That is so sad. I remember that all too well with my own grandfather.