Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! Not much to report here except that I am spotting. Well, I actually starting spotting brown yesterday evening. This morning when I woke up it was more than spotting but not quite AF flow. Now it has lightened up a bit but is still there. I called my nurse and she said it is very common for women to spot while on BCPs and that sometimes if the flow gets to be heavier Dr. O will tell them to take two pills a day instead of one. But she said I am so close to the end of my pills (6 more days!) that if it does get heavier don’t worry about it. I didn’t ask her what happens if I get full flow and I am still on BCPs (whether I count it a CD 1 or what) but I guess I will worry about it if it happens. I’m not too concerned, I’m actually hoping that AF will come as soon as I stop the BCPs so I don’t have to sit around and wait for her to come and I can start stims sooner! The only thing that sucks is I have been having intense AF-like cramps for over a week now. I am so tried of being crampy and feeling like I have AF when I don’t! I feel bad because I feel like Dh might think I am just trying to avoid being intimate but I swear I have had these cramps and pains all darn week which doesn’t make me feel much like being romantic. I get to do my first Lurpon shot on Monday morning which I am going to have Dh do so he can get used to sticking me with a needle, plus then I don’t have to stick myself. I am a little nervous to have someone else stick me but he is the most gentle man I know and I know he will do just fine. I am also spending Saturday with my MIL so we can finish planning Dh’s party. This will be the last weekend for the party and we need to finish our favors (pet rocks!) and go over the menu. Lastly, my friend Erin is probably getting her ER this Sunday and I am so excited for her! I really hope this is the month for us both and that we can share in the experience together! I can’t believe that we are really finally doing IVF! After 5 ½ years of TTC, countless heartaches, sacrificing, fundraising, saving, and tons of prayers we are finally going to do it! I am so scared my body wont do something right, as it has been pretty good at screwing up in the past. I can’t help but think back to the cycles upon cycles that were cancelled because of failure to produce ANY follicles. I am so scared that is going to happen this time. Or I am scared that there won’t be any eggs in the follicles when they go to retrieve them. The list goes on and on of all of the things I am scared of. I hate what PCOS has done to my body (weight gain, acne, annovulation) and I am hoping that it doesn’t screw me over once again. So, my goal for now if to simply produce some follicles and get to the ER. Then my goal will be to have healthy embryos…etc. One step at a time. Have a wonderful weekend and on Monday I will be back to report on Dh’s first attempt at shooting me up!

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

YAh for Lupron shots (i suggest an ice pack on the bum before he sticks you)

Have a great weekend planing Dh's party. I hope the cramps lighten up for you

Evil Stepmonster said...

You're totally right - just take everything one step at a time. Best of luck to you.

Rebecca said...

I'm happy that you're moving on...it's a tough decision, but hopefully it will all work out for you...you deserve it. I can't wait to hear how the first shots went...they're really not that bad. I built them up so much in my mind that I was totally freaking out and then it was like nothing...I felt like an idiot! Good luck!

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Yay, roll on Monday! All your PCOS concerns are perfectly normal - not that is makes things any easier :D

sara said...

I found taking one step at a time helped me also. I spotted the whole month on the BC...ugghh hated those things. I'm glad you're almost done...wishing the best and lots of nice eggs eventually!