Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ob Visit

Two posts in one day, whoa! Just wanted to update everyone on my OB visit today. Doctor said I am doing great with my blood sugars and that I can now come in every 2 weeks instead of every week (I had no idea I would be going to the OB so much this early.) Baby is good, h/b was 155. He told me I have some edema in my ankles (I didn’t notice it) but when I left and had to walk back to my building in the heat my hands swelled again. I told the doctor about my hands swelling and he didn’t seem concerned. He also told me I don’t have to sleep on my left side. He said they usually only tell that to patients who have babies that aren’t growing correctly. He said you will know if your uterus is pressing on any arteries and if I start to feel lightheaded while lying on my back obviously switch to the side. I’m happy about that because it is much more comfortable to sleep on my back for now. But the most exciting news is that we have our big u/s scheduled! On August 11th at 5:30 p.m. we will hopefully find out if Doozer is a boy or a girl! I can’t wait and I am so excited! I added a countdown thingie on the side but I can’t figure out how to resize it. Oh well…

8 comments:

shawna said...

I am glad that everything is getting better. I can't wait until Aug 11. I would say that the time will fly by, but somehow I just don't think that is true.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going so well!!! Thanks for the update! Can't wait for the big sono....I am guessing girl!!!! :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thanks for the wonderful update and so glad you can be comfy at night. That is so exciting about 8/11, can't wait. I'm guessing a Boy for you and S.

Maria said...

OOOHHH, I can't wait for Aug 11th!!

Agata said...

Yay for a great appointment! And I can't wait for the 11th! So exciting - I hope Doozer cooperates. I still think you're having a girl :)

sara said...

Awesome news Morissa! And Aug 11th will be here before you know it. My OB says the same thing about sleeping - great minds think alike!

Emily said...

I'm glad everything checked out! Congrats to 14 weeks.

Also, I'm making my blog private.... but I can't find your email to send you an invite. Please email me at

m.ifthisworks@gmail.com

and I'll send you one!

Stace said...

Wooohoo for August 11th!! :) As always, I'm hoping and praying for you!! :)