Friday, July 18, 2008

Going Password Protected

I really didn't want to have to do this. I always said I wouldn't go password protected because I wanted anyone to be able to find my blog. I knew when I accepted the interview with the Baltimore Sun that family and friends would then have access to my blog but I thought it was a small price to pay for the chance to raise awareness about infertility. I also knew that when I forwarded the article to my work that it would allow people at my work to access my blog as well. But I wanted people to know about the article, and thought they would be proud that I was doing something good. It turns out that by doing so that I have somehow opened myself up to some untrue and hurtful accusations. So I will be going password protected starting sometime before Wednesday. For the benefit of those that know me personally, and that I know are reading because I have a tracker that tells me (and I even know which pages you are viewing and the search terms you are using), I am not going password protected so that I can talk about you or any other reason other than it is obvious that people that I know personally are way too interested in my blog. I apologize if this makes it difficult for anyone using a reader, as I know that readers will not track password protected blogs, however I don't see another choice. So please e-mail me at ravenschic@verizon.net if you would like an invitation to my blog. You must tell me your name (first only) and your e-mail address as well as if you have a blog. Again, I really hope this does not cause me to lose readers but I feel it is the best option for me at this time.

14 comments:

Mommy Someday said...

Would love the password! Michelle

Meghan said...

I would love to keep following you and Doozer, can you send me the password/invite.

And I know that alot of people switch to wordpress because reader still follows it and you can also password protect certain posts but not others. I don't know how to do it, but if you're interested, I'm sure out there does

Shauna said...

good luck with everything. hope all continues to go well with your pregnancy. good luck with the interview. it's been nice reading your blog and i wish you the best in the future.......shauna

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Dearest Mo, I am so, so sorry you have to go through this. I would be delighted if you could provide me an invite to your blog and will send you an email. I totally understand and am proud of you for taking good care of yourself, as always!! (BTW, you can Go Ahead and talk about me :OD, I've got some broad shoulders and am not afraid to cry!!) (((Hugs)))

Adriane said...

Sorry about having to go password protected - that sucks. I will email you with my info.

sarah23 said...

Ugh, sorry to read this. I am going to email you my info.

Erin said...

You know I want to keep up with you. You have my email, so send me an invite. People are stupid and you are doing the right thing by protection your blog. Otherwise you would be censored and that would be missing the whole point of even having a blog.

sara said...

Hey there Mo, I'll email you so if it's still okay I'd love to follow you along in your blog. I love hearing how you're doing :-) ((hugs))

My_Herstory said...

Hey lady, I wanna keep reading too! You've been a greta support throughout my fertility road, I'de miss ya too much!
So sorry you have to do password protect but I can understand it. I'll drop u an email.

Baby and Me said...

Oh no! I am sorry, I will email you to get the invite. You are a few weeks behind me but I like reading your blog.

Shauna said...

oh my goodness....i got the link of your hubby's blog for the article and read it and the comments........i got so mad I've been commenting on it like crazy. I can't believe how ignorant some people are. Good luck to you both. Shauna

CJ said...

Hi, I still would like to keep reading. I sent you my info, but haven't gotten an invite yet.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Oh no!! Invite me please.

sara said...

Yay I found you and got signed in okay with the password protection from my email. I hope you're having a good week Morissa :-)