Friday, July 11, 2008

Little Scare

Well I had a tiny scare this morning. When I woke up this morning and wiped I was spotting. I called the doctor's office just to let them know since I had an appointment at 10:30 anyway. They told me to lay down until it was time to leave and drink water. Of course I was worried and I made Dh get out the doppler to listen to baby. When we found baby (which never takes long now) I felt a bit better but still worried. When I got to the doctor he did the exam and stuck one of those jumbo q-tips in my cervix to make sure it was closed, which it was. When he pulled it out it was filled with blood. He showed it to me and told me that the membrains in my cervix are very close to the surface of my cervix and are bleeding. It doesn't hurt the baby, baby is fine with a h/b in the 150's, but he said it is something that could continue to make me bleed throughout the entire pregnancy. He used silver nitrate to "burn" the membrains to keep them from bleeding. When I heard him say he was going to burn them I was a little concerned. I pictured him with a blow torch frying my cervix to a crisp! But, he used these things that looked like long matches. It didn't hurt, I didn't feel it at all but he told me I may have some cramping which I am. He said hopefully this will take care of it so that I wont bleed anymore. I was told to go home and stay off of my feet today to give my cervix a chance to heal. He was pleased with my blood sugars so I will stay on the same does of the insulin and go back again next week. I am chilling out on the couch now resting. I am cramping but I'm trying to not let it bother me. I am still spotting a bit when I wipe but he said I would today. So, we had a small scare but overall it wasn't bad. I hope this is the biggest scare we get!

14 comments:

Stace said...

I'm glad it ended up being nothing to worry about. :) Take it easy!! I'm still crossing my fingers for you.

Rachel said...

So scary! I'm glad everything was ok.

shawna said...

I am glad that everything ended up okay. I hope that the cramping gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is fine...praying for you and hope you get rest this weekend...thanks for the updates...

sara said...

Crap girl...that sounds like some scary stuff. I know that you are really nice and always a great support to me, but why don't you tell those membranes of yours to settle down and let me have enough excitement for both of us and both of our pregnancies alright? You have enough calm and serenity for both of us, and I'll do the excitement - sound good? Meanwhile- please take it really easy and rest the whole weekend. Don't do anything strenous and be a couch potato. You'll make me feel better at least. I worry about ya!

Meghan said...

So scary...you rest up all weekend and let your hubby take care of you!

Hope the fix did the trick and there are no more scares like that

princessjo1988 said...

Good luck! Hope everything goes well for you and that you will have a beatiful baby whom will light up your days and keep you awake at nights :)

Jo

AwkwardMoments said...

They just did the silver nitrate treatments to MT's belly button! We have to go back next week for another - sending you hugs

nickoletta100 said...

Sorry about the scare! Glad it was't a big deal!

sarah23 said...

Ugh, that sounds really scary!! Do you have placenta previa (placenta overlying the cervix)? I hope the bleeding goes away and never comes back.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Please take good care and thinking of you all with my best wishes.

My_Herstory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My_Herstory said...

Wow, we both had a scare! Mine wasn't as involved as yours though. Hoping the crampiness goes away for ya. So Glad everything is okay!

Adriane said...

Hope you are continuing to rest and take it easy. That must have been so scary - I am thinking about you.