Wednesday, July 30, 2008

16w0d & Quad Screen Results

I didn't really want to get the Quad Screen anyway because I have heard horror stories of people getting bad results and worrying over nothing, but I decided to do it anyway. And what do you know? My quad screen came back with a 1 in 39 chance of Downs. The other numbers were fine but because of this number I have to go to a genetic counselor and get a level 3 u/s at a genetic place. The good news is that we get to see our little Doozer TOMORROW! I'm scared to death! I will obviously love this baby no matter what and even if it does have downs I would never terminate, but I can't help but be upset over the possibilities. You always want your child to be perfect and when there is a chance that something may not be right it is devastating. I am hopeful that everything will be fine but I can't help but look at the numbers. Why is it so high? I'm not over 35 so that didn't factor into it. So anyway, I am a mess these past 2 days since hearing the results. We go tomorrow at 10 a.m. to meet with the genetics center and to get the u/s. Please, if you pray, please send a quick prayer our way for the health of our little one.

12 comments:

Candi said...

Doozer is in my prayers. I am sure he/she will be just perfect. Can you believe how time is flying for us??

Agata said...

Little baby is just fine, I know it. 1 in 39 means that there is a 2.5% chance - that is nothing! I had to have lots of genetic tests done and genetic counseling along with the level 3 u/s. I showed markers for Trisomy 18 or 13 (can't remember which) but all was well in the end. Just hang in there! And just so you know - you can potentially find out the gender tomorrow - I found out at our level 3 and I was 16w 5d along.

Good luck tomorrow, I know all will be fine! :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Best Wishes tomorrow, I will be keeping all three of you in my prayers. Thanks for keeping us posted and we are all with you with our love, prayers, and good thoughts. (((Hugs)))

Stacemoe said...

Praying peace for you and DH tonight....I am sure Sweet Doozer will be fine....Like you said, at least you will get to see your sweet baby again and have added reassurance that everything is fine b/c they are doing these tests that will look more closely to rule anything else out...I know this is stressful, but I truly believe you will be able to relax a little the rest of the pregnancy because you will know for certain that there are no genetic disorders....Again, I am praying peace for you and can't wait for the update tomorrow....

Summer said...

I'm hoping you will hear good news tomorrow.

Stace said...

I'm hoping and praying for you. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

The Beauty Junkie said...

Aww your baby will be just fine. Don't stress yourself out.

Nicole said...

Will be thinking about you tomorrow. I hope the appointment goes well.

sara said...

Lots of prayers and more prayers for all three of you guys (hubby and doozer and you). This has to be very difficult - and I'm sure everything will be okay. But I understand you must be concerned as any mom would be - and I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you have a great appointment tomorrow and get some peace of mind. ((hugs))

Rebecca said...

Thinking about you...I just read somewhere recently that women who have gone through IF have a higher chance of getting false positives on those tests, so hopefully that is true for you too...good luck and let us know what they find when you're comfortable.

Erin said...

Oh Mo! You know you and Shawn are always in my prayers. This is just one more thing you are going to look back on and be so thankful that you're little one is a healthy happy baby. We know that God is in control of things and that he would never give you more than you can handle. Even if your baby had downs (WHICH IT DOESN'T) would you love it any less? I know it's hard, but try to stay as calm as you can. Stress is not helping. Thinking of you...

CJ said...

Prayer has been sent!! Doozer will be okay!