Friday, December 14, 2007

CD 3 U/S & B/W

I just got back from my CD3 u/s and b/w. They had a little trouble finding a vein this time and the result is a painful purple bump on my arm! Ouch! The u/s went fine, my lining is still at 9 which means there is still more af left to be had. (blah) Both ovaires are quiet, no cysts (other than the usual pcos stuff.) I guess they don't count antral follicles because they always just put the same number (I think 10 or something like that.) Then we had a consultation to show us how to use the Follistim Pen. The consult was really rushed so good thing I read up on it and kind of already know how to use it. It scared me when she said if you dial past your dose and the dial the wrong way to correct it you could lose all of your medication. She also gave us a dvd which we will watch tonight before attempting the shot. My nurse will call with my exact dose after my RE looks at my b/w results. Then I go back on Monday for u/s and b/w. I guess that sounds about right, do the shots for three days and go back in to see if anything is happening. I wonder if I can expect to see anything happening that early? Anyone know?

***warning, totally TMI comment ahead***

Okay, you have been warned. Does anyone else think it is gross when you get your day 3 u/s and then get up from the table? I mean really, do I really want to leave my business on the table for someone to clean up? I am always so tempted to pull the paper off. ewww

***end of TMI comment***

Well, thats about it for now. I will update with my dosage when I get the call from my nurse.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i am never a fan of AS and monitoring. It grosses me out too.

Good luck with the follistim injections. our follies will grow 1-3mm a day on injectibles approximately. So in 3 days, you should be seeing some follie growth! Good luck to you this cycle - i am thinking good things

Adriane said...

Good luck with the Follistim. I was super intimidated by it all at first, but it ended up being fairly easy to administer. Also, I reacted much better (physically) to the Follistim (compared to Clomid), hopefully you will, too.

I bet you will see some follicle growth in a couple of days. My RE does baseline U/S at CD 5 and start on Follistim. I usually start seeing good numbers around CD 10-12 or so. Sounds like you are taking a similar path.

Best of luck to you this month!!

Oh, and regarding the TMI question. I agree. They should hand out some "etiquette rules" or post them in the rooms or something. I never know what to do, either. I am a fan of removing the paper if it looks the way it should at CD3. :-)

The Beauty Junkie said...

Good luck..I am so rooting for you!! And you are not alone on the clean up. I can't help but rip the paper off myself after I'm up on that table.