Monday, February 4, 2008

What's the Plan?

Yep. That's what I am asking myself now. I am on CD23 of the rest cycle and I am calling my RE thismorning to find out whether my insurance company has aggreed to let us move on to IVF. I think I am in a good place emotionally to deal with which ever answer they give. If they want me to do one more cycle of injectables I will, if they want me to move on to IVF I will do that too. I think it has been all too obvious that I can't make up my mind whether I want to move on to IVf or do another injectable/IUI round, so I figure I will let my crappy insurance company make the decision for me. So, expect an update hopefully today with what the plan will be.

In other news, we bought the TV! I'm so glad we did! It felt so good to treat ourselves to something nice. We got a 32" HD LCD tv. It just barely fits into our entertainment center so I'm glad we didn't go any bigger. We also got a direct tv DVR to go with it. We have direct tv already but we were using the Tivo DVR. It was cheaper to go with the Direct TV DVR. I was so used to Tivo I think it will take some getting used to but hopefully I will get used to it. We also had to get a new sattelite which was a free upgrade. The Direct TV guy came yesterday to trade out our satellites. He looked absolutely terrified! I'm hoping he was new and that DH and I just aren't terrifying people. I was kind of afraid because he seemed so scared that he was going to mess something up but he did fine. The picture is beautiful! DH got to see the super bowl in HD which made him a happy camper. As for the super bowl, I was rooting for the Giants although in the end I didn't care who won but I HATE the Patriots (sorry Patriots fans!) I always root for the under dog.

DH is finally starting to feel better. His fever broke on Friday and now he just has a slight sore throat and his voice is scratchy. I missed my fun loving DH! It just made me realize how much joy he brings into my life. He truly can turn my day around just by smiling at me or saying something sweet. And, I actually missed his little jokes even though sometimes they annoy me. I'm hoping that I wont get sick. I'm thinking that I would have gotten sick by now.

Well, I guess that is about it for now. I will update when I hear something from my RE's office. Now, I will leave you with a little good clean humor:

Last in Line:

A bus carrying only ugly people crashes into an oncoming truck, and everyone inside dies. As they stand at the Pearly Gates waiting to enter Paradise and meet their maker, God decides to grant each person one wish because of the grief they have experienced.

They're all lined up, and God asks the first one what the wish is. "I want to be gorgeous," and so God snaps His fingers, and it is done.

The second one in line hears this and says "I want to be gorgeous too" Another snap of His fingers and the wish is granted.

This goes on for a while with each one asking to be gorgeous, but when God is halfway down the line, the last guy in the line starts laughing. When there are only ten people left, this guy is rolling on the floor, laughing his head off.

Finally, God reaches this last guy and asks him what his wish will be. The guy eventually calms down and says: "Make 'em all ugly again."

NEXT TIME YOU'RE LAST IN LINE. BE HAPPY

Blessed are the Cracked,
For they are the Ones
Who let in the Light!


Here's to all of my cracked sisters out there, lets all let in the light!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

New TV's are fun!

Hope you get the news you want from your ins company

and very cute story ;)

The Beauty Junkie said...

So glad DH is feeling better and you bought the TV!! I know it was awesome watching my Giants win the Superbowl on that. We loved it.

On to the next month with treatments, I like your calm feeling. As always HUGS

AwkwardMoments said...

I think it's perfect to let the insurance company decide! Good for you for being where you are! I am proud of that for you!

And a new tv - well that is just so exciting - *i do love TV!

can't wait for an update! Wishing you the best and sending you my prayers