Friday, February 22, 2008

Ugh!!

Okay, I began typing this post and was half way through when I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard and reset the browser! This is how my day has been going so far! First, it's snowing/freezing rain outside so everything is closed (besides my work that is.) Then when I get to the RE's office the girl who normally takes my blood tells the other girl there that she can take my blood today (because I am known for having difficult veins.) So, after three sticks in three different locations and moving the needle around inside my arm the girl, who is almost in tears, gives up and the other one ends up having to take blood from my wrist (which is pretty painful.) It took them a half hour to get one vial of blood from me. Then they proceed to congratulate me on a positive beta. Huh? I just looked at them and said, "uh thanks, but it wasn't good." Then when I went out to pay the girl behind the counter asked "are you pregnant?" How am I supposed to answer that? She said she heard that I was pregnant. Now, I realize that I have been goign there for almost four years and that everyone there knows me but geez, talk about rumors. I told her that I had a positive beta but it wasn't a good number. Then the windshield wiper on our car breaks because of all of the ice so DH stops at Wal-Mart to get a new one. Then we stopped at McDonalds to get breakfast. I had my jacket on my lap and I set the bag on top of my jacket only to find that when I got to work that my jacket was completely soaked with grease! So I had to wear Dh's huge jacket to work. Of corse I got here 20 minutes late to find out that most of the other paralegals called out of work.

I finally cried a little about this whole situation on my way in to work. I'm not even sure why I was crying except for the fact that I already had a shitty day after being poked so many times. Then I kept on thinking about what could have been. If it had only worked differently how amazing and what a miracle it would have been. How amazing would it have been to have made a baby the old fashioned way? The way we are supposed to do it? I know it doesn't matter how the baby is made but I guess I almost got a glimpse of what it was like to be a "normal" couple. You know, oops we got pregnant! How wonderful would it have been to not have to spend our entire savings on one shot at trying to have a baby? Anyway, it doesn't matter, whats done is done. I am blessed that it happened this way instead of getting a good beta, seeing rising numbers and even a heartbeat to have it all taken away like so many of you have. I should be happy that I didn't have to go through that. I don't really feel like I need time to grieve because you can't grieve for something you never knew you had, I just need to stop trying to think of what could have been. I am so tired because I haven't been sleeping well and I have had so much on my mind. I need a weekend where I don't spend it cleaning, doing laundry and cooking. I need a Sunday where I don't spend all day at church. We have youth group this weekend and I don't feel like doing it.

I feel bad for Dh, he keeps apologizing. He says I am going through a lot but I don't feel like I have any right to claim I am "going through a lot." He says I'm not giving myself permission to be sad and to rest but why should I? I mean, what do you even call this thing? Is it a loss if you never really had it? I have always felt like I have to be the strong one, as I am sure you all know by now. And when I do get sad or upset I get angry at myself for being so weak. I think it has a lot to do with my father being a military man. He was always telling me when I was young to be strong, don't cry. I have carried that attitude into my adulthood and even on my father's deathbed when I sat there and held his hand and knew that it was the last time I would ever see him I didn't cry. It's not good to let your emotions bottle up like that though, I know that deep inside. You have to allow yourself to feel the feelings you feel and that is what I am going to try to do here. I'm going to curl up on the couch tonight and read a book while I let Dh do the dishes and clean like he asked me to let him do. I'm going to let him take care of me like he offered to do.

Well, I guess that is about it. Please pray that my beta is at zero so I can move on from this. Please also pray that af shows quickly. I wonder what a "natural" af feels like? I have never ovulated without medical assistance so I wonder if it will be different? I will obviously update when my nurse calls. Thanks for all the kind words, you all are the best!

**Edited to add: I just got a call from my nurse and my number went back down to zero. I am relieved that it is finally over. She said to wait a couple of days for AF to show up because she thinks it will but if it doesn't to take the provera and give her a call on day 1 of AF to start the BCPs. I called DH and he sounded more bummed than he has throughout this whole thing. I think deep down inside he was still hoping for a miracle. I am going to take this weekend to let myself grieve and relax. I can't express the gratitude I fell for all of you and your wonderful supportive comments. I truly dont know what I would do without all of you. All of you are truly a blessing from God and I am so lucky to have met you!

12 comments:

Erin said...

I am not working today so I have nothing to do but wait for your email or blog update. The one thing I have to say about SG is that they are all pretty nosy. I know they're trying to be supportive and happy, but sometimes it doesn't help. I am praying for resolution in general for you. By the way, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've cried since I was a kid. Most of them have to do with IF. It doesn't make you weak, it makes you human.

Meghan said...

Ugg...what a crapola morning. I'm sorry...about it all.

And I may be in a minority here but I defintely think that a chemical pregnancy is a loss and you need to take the time to grieve and let yourself recognize what happened.

I'll be thinking of you today, and hoping for that 0 number.

((hugs))

AwkwardMoments said...

I want you to know that i prayed for you today and for your blood draw... i am at work now but i want to email you when i get home on something!! Just know you are in my thoughts and sending you a warm hug it is not snowing here so it's a very warm hug!

Rebecca said...

You have every right to grieve something you never had...you had the idea and the dream and the hope. You will have all of that again, but grieve what you have lost...you have to in order to start moving on.

I grieved every IUI BFN like it was a death and moving through it like that did help me a little bit.

One final thing...yes, let him take care of you...that's why you married him, right? Because you knew he would take care of you...it's all he can do right now...let him. Take care and go home early! You deserve it!

CAM said...

The whole thing with this process is that it is so frustrating and unpredictable and that what is making you crazy right now. I hope that whatever the result is that you find some peace soon. Please post soon and let us know, we are all pulling for you.
:)

Adriane said...

This is such a rough situation. I am sorry you had such a crap morning. The sticking you three times is enough to make the morning hell.

Hope you to relax tonight.

DebbieDo said...

Oh man, Morrisa. I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. I agree with DH, you need to relax and take care of yourself. Have DH cook you dinner and do the dishes.

I know you have been told this before but I have to say it again: you are SO hard on yourself. You are a beautiful, strong women and you deserve to feel things. Let yourself be sad if you need to be, let yourself cry if you need to. And if you are happy then let yourself feel that too.

Hang in there girl. I think you are great and you will get through this. We all will.

((HUGS))

My_Herstory said...

Morrisa, I'm sorry you had such a crap day... I was told once to let yourself have a bad day, then pick yourself up and gather strength to move to the next step. But always allow yourself a day of anger and sadness first.
I pray AF shows quickly for you, and naturally.
Sending you many warm hugs on such a cold day.

AwkwardMoments said...

I am glad that you have this weekend - you do what is best fo ryou .. this your body and your life!! I am just here to support you!

The Beauty Junkie said...

I know those days girl! So sorry that you had one today. You're always superwoman, you need to relax and allow yourself to go through this. I truly love and value as a friend. HUGS

Evil Stepmonster said...

IMHO whether or not you knew is irrelevant, its still a loss and you have every right to feel sad about it. You have been through so much lately, let dh care for you.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

So sorry to hear you had a chemical pregnancy. Glad your HCG quickly reset to zero and didn't drag things out (hugs) xo