Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So Cute!!!

What more can I say, I am so in love!The doctor's appointment went great. Of course I was a nervous wreck waiting in the waiting room. They had me fill out the registration paperwork to deliver at GBMC. Hello! I am just trying to get past the first trimester here! Then they had me fill out a depression screening thing as well. Then they called me back and took my blood pressure which was perfect. Then we met the doctor who asked us a few questions about our history and did the pelvic exam and breast exam. Then they wheeled in the u/s machine and my heart started pounding. It was still a t/v u/s but I was okay with that, after all I am used to being wanded. Right away the doctor turned the screen towards me and said "there's your baby and there's the heartbeat." I was amazed at how much our little Doozer had grown! He actually looks like a little baby now! So cute! As we watched him he did a little wiggle and I let out a loud awwwwwww! He showed us the umbilical cord and we could still see the yolk sac although the doctor said the baby is getting what it needs from the placenta now. Doozer measured at 9w4d which the doctor said was fine for 9w6d. I wanted to see him move again so the doctor poked him a few times and we saw a little arm fly up as if to say "talk to the hand, I'm sleeping!" Just like his mommy! The doctor changed to a front view and we got watch the baby that way for a bit. We saw a little arm go up and were even able to see little tiny fingers. The u/s machine was really clear and the doctor said it was brand new. Finally we decided that Doozer was sleeping and wasn't going to give us more than a few dismissive arm waives so we ended the u/s. Then I got dressed and the doctor came back in to talk to us. He kept of saying he was excited because he loved to see a couple that tried so hard to get pregnant finally get their wish. He knew a little about IVF and he also knew a lot about PCOS. He warned me of all the things I already knew like the increased chance of getting GD and high blood pressure. We loved the doctor, he was nice and funny and really understanding. He congratulated us again and asked me to make an appointment to come back in 4 weeks. Then we headed to the lab for blood tests. They took a gazillion vials of blood from me and asked me to pee in a cup and then we got to leave. I can't believe we have to wait 4 weeks! Seems like an eternity! Whew!

And, here is the diaper cake I made, let me know what you think.

27 comments:

nancy said...

SO SO SO very cute!!! Crazy the baby loks just like the outline of the little widget baby bopping up and down on your sidebar!

The diaper cake looks awesome!

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

I'm so glad the appointment went well! Good luck waiting for the next appointment.

Love the cake too! (NCLM)

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm so glad your appointment went well and congrats on the great news.

Beth said...

I can't believe how clear the pic was. Amazing. I love the diaper cake, very beautiful!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

What a cutie pie your baby is! I'm so happy for you. The diaper cake is really cute, thanks for posting.

Monica Fayth said...

Hi, I stumbled over here through Nancy's blog. I absolutely love your baby's picture. I had my first scan at 6w4d and could barely see anything. I can't wait until my next scan next Thurs at almost 9w5d. After looking at yours, I'm guessing mine will actually look like a real baby!

Oh and the diaper cake looks great. I've seen some on tv and at baby showers, but never really thought of a person making them. You're very talented!

sarah23 said...

Very very cute!! My little one was squirming yesterday too. I like the side view; I didn't get to see our little Blueberry from that angle.

The diaper cake is beautiful, BTW. Your step-sister-in-law is crazy not to fully appreciate it!

CJ said...

Congratulations!! Nice photo!! So much fun isnt' it? I love the Diaper cake, can you make me one?? Ship it to Dallas. I can give you the address! Just kidding! Yay Morissa!! Yippee!!

Adriane said...

So glad the appt went well - Doozer is getting so big!!

Love the diaper cake!!!!

Sharon LaMothe said...

Hey there! Just a note from a NCLMer and trying to get caught up (Even tho I was late to sign up for the list!) Please visit my blog today if you have a chance as I am trying to make people aware of Bone Marrow Donation...yes I know, my site is mostly about Surrogacy but you know how THAT goes!

Loved your blog and the cake! I sent one to my S-I-L when she was expecting! Congrats on your pregnancy!!...I hope to visit again when I get back from Vacation and read more!
Hugs
Sharon
http://infertilityanswers.typepad.com/surrogacy_101/

My_Herstory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My_Herstory said...

Oh, my other comment didn't get posted.
Doozer looks really good! Nice U/S pic too! The next 4 wks will fly by!! Glad everything is going so well!
Happy 10 wks btw!

Stace said...

OH wow! I'm so excited for you!! Doozer looks amazing!!!! It's amazing how much has changed in just a couple of weeks! Can't wait for the next update!!!

The cake looks awesome!! So creative!

Have a great few weeks!! Keep that baby growing! :)

Christina said...

the cake looks great! Congrats on your good appointment.

sara said...

The diaper cake is super cute and even I think I have officially fallen in love with Doozer! They are one cute kid :-) I'm so glad everything went well, and that you had an awesome appointment. I think Doozer and Spot would be friends if they lived closer, whatcha think?

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a nice look at the little cutie!!

Anonymous said...

Doozer is so cute! It's great to read that everything went well with the u/s. The 4 week wait in between appointments, is torture, I agree.

I love, love, love the diaper cake!

AwkwardMoments said...

YAH for a great dr appointment.

I am glad you like your dr.

THatdiaper cake is amazing- great job!

AwkwardMoments said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Portia P said...

That's an amazing picture!

Many congrats on your pregnancy and on such a good scan.

I find it weird how much stuff they want to sort out so early on. I'm WAY too superstitious to be thinking further ahead than my next scan!!

Good luck - oh, here via nacomleavmo

Katie said...

Via NAComLeavMo...
It's great your appointment went so well, and I'm really happy you have such a a great doctor.

Stace said...

My favorite part of your blog is the baby count down... Doozer looks like a baby now! :)

Rachie Pachie said...

Adorable diaper cake... I wanna make one now! :)

And Doozer is such a cutie! Glad you got to see him/her (:P) so active & the doctor was so great! I know that helps to confirm you made the right decision!

Kristine said...

Awwww...it's so amazing isn't it, knowing that little baby is inside you. So exciting!Q

Great diaper cake! I'm impressed.

Candid Engineer said...

Congratulations! Amazing US pic. Glad to hear that everything is moving along smoothly. The diaper cake is cute- I like the blend of pink and white. Cheers from NCLM.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Wow, your cake is HUGE! Baby D is just gorgeous.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Mo, that diaper cake is so gorgeous. I'll have to contract you out to make one for me. It's so pretty. I am so happy for you that you're at this point.