Monday, June 9, 2008

8w5d

Sorry I have been MIA for a while! It's just I haven't really had anything to say. Life has been pretty uneventful which is a good thing. I'm still feeling sick every morning but no complaining here. My boobs are getting bigger which I do not like at all! I am already a 38d and now I am overflowing out of that! I don't want bigger boobs! I finally have my first OB appointment scheduled for Tuesday, June 17th at 2:00 p.m. I really hope they at least try and get the baby's heartbeat. Does anyone know if it will be too early? I will be 9w6d by then. I need some sort of reassurance! Can anyone tell me what to expect at the first OB appointment? They told me to plan on it being an hour and a half! An hour with the nurse and 1/2 hour with the doctor. What will the doctor do that will take 1/2 hour?

My weekend was pretty lazy and uneventful. Friday evening I finally went with Dh to the hospital to see his grandmother. I just couldn't bear not seeing her since her stroke. I was kind of worried that she wouldn't remember me because there is some people she can't remember (although Dh thinks it's more like she doesn't want to remember them.) But when we got there she knew exactly who I was and call me "Mo" which is what his family calls me. She couldn't move the left side of her body and was still only answering questions in one or two words but she was aware of what was going on and even smiled and laughed a few times. They moved her to a rehab facility on Saturday where I know she will try like a champ to get better. The only not so great thing is that we think she has forgotten that her husband passed away. She asked Dh's dad if he was going to visit his father. We think that she thinks that he is still in the hospital. It will be hard to break it to her again but we don't think now is the right time.

Saturday we had our Strawberry Festival at church. I was initially going to go in the morning and help but it was so hot and was supposed to be almost 100 degrees so Dh and I decided I would stay home and he would go, no complaining from me! I spent the day lounging on the couch reading. I started to develop a headache around mid-day on Saturday that despite extra-strength Tylenol every 4 hours did not leave until Sunday night. In fact, during church on Sunday I had to leave in the middle of the service because the headache turned into a horrible migraine so I spent a good portion of Sunday in bed with ice over my eyes.

So, all in all a pretty boring weekend. This next weekend coming up I have to go to a small baby shower my Mom is throwing for my half sister in-law. I'm going to make my first attempt at making a diaper cake. I love these things and think they are so cute so I thought I would give it a try. I am pretty crafty and I need something to keep me busy this week while Dh plays softball on Tuesday and Wednesday. I anyone has ever made one of these I would love any tips. I will post a picture of it when I am finished.

Well, I guess that's it...ta ta for now!!!!!

16 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sorry to hear about your DH's grandma. Hope she's stronger everyday. Re.your first OB appt, typically they do a pelvic with Pap smear, breast exam, take measurements of your uterus, check your heart/lungs and check baby's heart rate with doppler which is audible now. They will also weigh you (FUN!!), take blood and urine for labs. Also, please bring a list of questions and concerns with you to discuss. Good luck and glad all is well.

Erin said...

Those diaper cakes are adorable. I'm sorry I missed you in chirch yesterday. I can't believe you're almost 9 weeks already! Time is flying by. You continue to be in my prayers along with DH's family.

CJ said...

Oh Good!! Someone else is suffering from migraines! Sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother. That can be hard.

Kim said...

Good luck with the diaper cake! Hope the OB appt. goes well. The dr will do an exam and talk to you about diet and exercise etc. And go over tests that will be coming up and things like that. I did not hear the hb on the external doppler until about 12 weeks. I think 9 weeks is a little early unless you are really thin. But, you never know!

sara said...

I'm glad things are going well! Are you talking about hearing the heartbeat at your next appointment? I think the first time I heard the heartbeat on the vag ultrasound was at 9 weekish, and then the first time they heard it with the doppler was either 10 or 11? I hope DH's grandma continues to make improvements and recover. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Nadine said...

glad to read that all is going well. Hope dh's grandma continues to get better.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thanks, Kim and Sara, you are right on 8 to 12 weeks is considered early for abdominal doppler, still possible, depends on sensitivity of device. It depends on mom's body type and baby position, also.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Hey Mo, at my 1st OB appt it was a lot of discussion of labor options, and medical history. They checked the hearbeat, did a urine test, and blood work, and the famous stirrups came out for cultures. It's like a long annual girl!

Stace said...

Can't wait to hear the next details. :)

Adriane said...

Good luck with the diaper cake! I've always thought they were so cute, but never was ambitious enough to attempt one! Let us know how it goes.

I was able to hear the heartbeats at my 8 week "graudation" appt with my RE's office - they were using the vaginal u/s. I bet they can hear it at your OB's office, but sometimes they don't have the same equipment. I've been told that you can't hear via doppler until about 12 weeks or so. Good luck - I hope you get to hear it!!!

Also, not sure about the 90 minute OB appt - but that is wonderful! I would ask as many questions as I could with their undivided attention. :-)

Rachie Pachie said...

Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend! And that your blogs aren't too "exciting"... it means things are going smoothly & little Doozer is doing well!

In response to your question... I'm not sure which stims I'll be on. I'm pretty sure those will be the only meds we will have donated. I will look up the info they sent over to us & letcha know. We are already planning our 2nd yard sale. We are hoping to do it in Oct or Nov to have plenty of time for donations & do just one more! :)

So happy to hear you're doing so well & "graduating" to the regular OB. You're such an inspiration!

Sunny said...

Via NaComLeavMo.

Congrats on your pregnancy! You know, I don't remember my first OB appt following the BFP, nor do I remember the first time we heard the heartbeat. I'm no help at all, huh? :)

Sharon LaMothe said...

Hello from a NCLMer...glad to hear that you are doing well and I did visit your new baby site...I bet that was fun to start! Congrats on your little bean...and I hope you feel better soon..your DH sounds WONDERFUL!!
Hugs
Sharon

starsgoblue said...

Wishing you the best of luck with baby!

Rebecca said...

My sister made a diaper cake for my shower...they're awesome. Why in the hell would your first appointment take 1.5 hours? They get some background information and examine your breasts (possible pap if you haven't had on recently), and then mine was finished...they have been much quicker than I thought. Maybe they counted the "wait time" that you'll be spending in their office ;) Good luck...can't wait to hear about everything!

DC said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit with DH's grandmother. Hope you and the baby are doing well! :)