Tuesday, June 3, 2008

7w6d

Yup, I'm not so creative with the titles lately. I'm sorry I haven't written lately but I really don't have much to say. That combined with the fact that I still feel fantastically awful in the mornings makes it difficult to sit down and write a post. Lets see, since I last posted:


  • I continue to have m/s as I posted above. Some days are better than others. But I don't mind because I just keep on hoping that it means Doozer is growing big and strong.
  • I had another person ask me when I was due! I mean seriously, can't a gal have swollen ovaries without getting questioned? I decided that I need some looser shirts until the bloat goes down so I plan on shopping in the next couple of days. Hopefully that will eliminate these types of questions.
  • Dh's grandmother (the one who recently lost her husband) had a stroke on Friday. She is doing better and can speak in sentences for the most part and is beginning to have feeling in her arms and legs. The is obviously another blow on the family who has already been through so much over the last few months. I haven't been to visit her because the family thinks its best I don't go to the hospital right now. They don't want me to be too stressed and also don't want me to be exposed to anything in the hospital. I can't even begin to tell you how much this little baby means to our family. There hasn't been a baby born on Shawn's dad's side of the family for about 7 years now so this little guys is very much wanted and loved. So everyone is a little overprotective of my health. I makes me feel kind of strange but I do understand and appreciate it.
  • I have my 8 week u/s with me RE tomorrow. If all goes well we will graduate to my OB. I am nervous as always. I notice that about 2 days before the u/s the nerves start creeping in and I begin to worry if everything is okay. I am still scared something is going to go wrong because it still seems too good to be true. It's almost like I'm reading someone else's blog wishing it was me. I mean, I had never even seen a positive HPT in my life! It just keeps on getting better and better and I am so afraid it is all going to slip away. But I'm leaving it in God's hands because I know He will take care of me. And I have to trust that He knows what's best for me, but I sure do hope it's to have this baby stick around and come to meet us in January.

Well, that's about it. I will be back tomorrow to let you know the news about our 8 week u/s. Please pray all goes well and that our little Doozer has continued to grow big and strong with a nice strong heartbeat!

12 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I am so sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother - that is just awful.


I am glad the family is looking out for you.

I had those same jitters. I still get those jitters right before appointments. I just kept reminding myself that I was in good hands! you do the same

Beth said...

I can't wait to see the new pics of your little babe. I agree that the hospital probably isn't the best place for you right now. I will be praying for his grandma.

Jenni said...

My prayers are with you for you and DH. I pray for doozer too as I know you are in great hands and that wonderful baby is going to be a healthy one, delivered on time.

Rachie Pachie said...

Sorry to hear about DH's grandmother. I'm glad she's already recovering bit by bit.

Hope the U/S goes well tomorrow! Crazy that you're already (almost) 8 weeks along!

Anonymous said...

Praying peace for you leading up to the appointment...can't wait to hear the updates and see a new pic!!!

sara said...

I'm very sorry about your husband's grandma, I'll keep her in my prayers. I'll keep you and little Doozer in my thoughts also tomorrow for a great ultrasound and a graduation! Sending some good vibes your way :-)

Nadine said...

Sorry to read about your Dh's grandmother, so much to go through all at once.
I hope all goes well with the scan tomorrow, take care.

My_Herstory said...

So sorry to hear about DH's Grandmother, wishing her the best.

Sounds like things are going well for you and Doozer. Good luck with tomorrow's U/S.

Steph said...

I am so sorry your grandma. I am glad to hear she is doing well.

Yeah, U/S tomorrow!! Can't wait to hear how much Doozer has grown!!

Adriane said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's grandma. Probably a good decision to stay away from hospitals right now.

I hope your graduation appt goes well tomorrow!!!

Echloe said...

That is so sad about your husbands grandmother. Your family is so caring to keep you away from that stress.

Best wishes for a good U/S visit tomorrow.
I'll be adding you to my prayer list tonight.

**NaComLeavMo**

The Beauty Junkie said...

So sorry about the family news. Geez Can you ever just have a moment of peacefulness.