Monday, November 19, 2007

A turn of events…

Well, it seems that we have a turn of events. After much discussion with my doctor from Kaiser, the Kaiser referral people (whoever they are) and my RE they have decided that they would like me to do one, possibly two, rounds of injectables and IUI. I am confused, because my RE is the one that said that he wanted to go with IVF, I even asked about injectables and IUI. My concern is a couple of things: 1) That I will hyperstimulate or produce too many follicles and have a cancelled cycle; or 2) That I will become pregnant with high order multiples and will have to face the choice of having to reduce or put my health at risk. I am prepared for the possibility of having twins, but I don’t know what I would do with more than 2! But, nonetheless, I have no choice, because Kaiser will not pay for the IVF unless we have tried this first. There must be a reason for all of this or it wouldn’t happen. I am just hoping that the outcome will be positive. I would love to hear from any PCOS women out there who have had injectables and IUI. I do know that women with PCOS have success with injectables and that gives me hope, it’s just that my body is so darn stubborn! I only ovulated a few times in my many, many, cycles with Clomid and Femera. So, it’s hard to believe that somehow this is going to make me ovulate. But, I guess it is a step in the right direction. I am somewhat excited about actually being able to start something but a little scared about the issues mentioned above. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will work. Please, if anyone has any words of wisdom I would love to hear them. You can either post a comment or contact me by e-mail at Morrisa@lawcfl.com.

Outside the wonderful world of TTC… I finally baked a perfect apple pie! The first apple pie I tried to bake a couple of years ago was awful but I decided to try again this weekend and it was yummy! Shawn loved it and had two slices that night. I took a picture of it and I will try to remember to upload it along with the pictures of my fall decorations that I promised a while ago. Well, I guess that’s it for now. I promise to post more when something actually starts happening. I have a call into Shady Grove to talk to my nurse about the next steps to start this unexpected cycle. The first step I am sure is to bring on AF. I think I am on CD30 now so I am clearly due to an AF. Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Evil Stepmonster said...

I have PCOS but have not done any IUI's, so can't offer advice in that area. But I agree it is exciting that something is happening at least.
Good luck with your decisions.

My_Herstory said...

I, as you know, haven't had injectables so I can't hel either. But I can understand where you're coming from with your worries and with your excitement. Let us know when the ball starts rolling for ya. Wishing you a successful cycle.

AwkwardMoments said...

I have done 2 IUI/injectible cycles .. give me an email at farahbeth at gmail dot com if you every have any questions or search my archives labeled injectibles. Out of curiosity, anyone ever mention metformin for you?

Anonymous said...

Blogger: The Making of Baby V - Post a Comment gsfotr srttuzz azpfcm ugg outlet europe uggs ugg boots dallas tx vigatga mvtupzek louis vuitton handbags totally louis vuitton purses louis vuitton outlet uk reviews gvbdgsm ukkel beats by dre ibeats review cheap beats cheap beats by dre under $100 zhabhnea coach outlet freeport coach purses coach handbags. victoria secret qogswjph