Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It just hit me today…

…how close we are to beginning this process, and honestly, I’m scared to death. I think I have been fine for the most part up until now, but as it gets closer the more emotional I get. I so want this to be it for us. I can’t help but think about how we only have enough money for one, maybe two cycles and that’s it for now. I can’t help but think about how this is the last shot. If this doesn’t work there is no other option for us. I have so many things running through my mind at one time. I don’t know how I am going to survive the stress of the IVF cycle let alone more than one. I know I will find the strength though. So many times throughout this IF journey I was sure there was no way I would get through it, and somehow I did. I can’t help but think how unfair it is that some of us have to go through such heartache to have a baby. We have been TAB for so long that I could ignore all of those old feelings that IF brought about. But now that we are starting again they are all coming back. I am so worried that my PCOS is going to complicate things and cause cancelled cycles. What if they still can’t get me to stimulate? I know these are all normal feelings but sometimes it seems like I am all alone. I know my friends and family have been so supportive but deep down inside I can’t help but wonder whether they really understand. Do they really know the deep emotional pain the IF causes? Do they know what it does to your self esteem, especially when you add PCOS to the mix? Do they really understand what it is like to not be able to do what so many other women do so easily? Shawn and I have very few friends to begin with. When we got married we grew apart from our single friends. But now it’s hard to make friends our age because they move on to have children and it seems that they pull away. I’m not sure why, maybe because they don’t feel like they have anything in common with us, or maybe because being around us makes them feel like they are making us uncomfortable. So, here I am feeling all alone like no one understands how I am feeling. I know that is not true. I know that unfortunately there are many other couples going through what we are going through. I am still waiting for my GYN to answer my e-mail about clearing me for the IVF due to my medications. I’m starting to wonder if she ever got the e-mail and I think I will call her today. Thanks for reading my blah blog today, I promise, it wont always be this depressing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but the beauty (?!) of IVF is that since no eggs have to escape from the ovary, your chances of having at least a couple are greatly improved already!

Remember, too, that you'll be getting wanded every other day, so the levels of stims can be adjusted. I hate to say 'think positively' because we all know how far that's gotten us in the past, but on the other hand, thinking of your ovaries as kitchens were eggs are hanging out, just ready and willing for a little help in opening the door, can't hurt, either.

I think you're going to do just fine. Heck, IVF is the best thing for women with PCOS, imo.

My_Herstory said...

Best of luck with your IVF. I've just finished taking provera for my first IUI, and am still waiting for AF... I can understand where you're coming from. IVF is our next step if IUI doesn't work...
Trying for so long to get pregnant, fighting against IF... that's all one type of stress, then all of a sudden your chances of actually conceiving are increased hugely and it creates an entirley new stress. Overwhelming happiness coupled with fear and some anxiety. The brain goes a million miles a minute with all these different thoughts, and your emotions get all wacked out (and its not just the dugs lol). Blogs are wonderful! It's good to know you're not the only one going thru it.
My name is Jenn, I have PCOS, DH and I have been ttc for 6 yrs now, and I have PCOS as well. Best of luck to you and DH.

Anonymous said...

Hi there "neighbor" (we are in Laurel) -- I wish you the best of luck as your begin your IVF journey. I share a lot of your same feelings. I'll be checking in on you to see how you're doing.

AwkwardMoments said...

I know this post is old - I am playing catch-up on your story - and I havent gottento see how it ends yet. But I wanted to comment on some things in this post.

I can related with the never ovulation thing .. that is my problem.. My body just doesn't deem it necessary apparently.

These fears you are having about hte whole PCOS Ovaries not responding and or responding too well, those thoughts are EXACTLY why I chose to do IUI first (with a limit of how many times i would do them). It was advice i received from an IF veteren that has suffered through IUI/2 IVF's. Take it for what it's worth - here is the logic - With IUI, you do not suppress your ovaries, you stimulate them through injectible meds. The dr (hopefully) figures out how your ovaries, body responds to the drugs with out having the extra added pressure of the ER/ET for the first time on injectibles. It is sort of a way to see and explore how your body reacts without the added ER/ET IVF big price tag attached to it. and still deems at 25-30% chance working. (since we were paying out of pocket, this signicantly lowered the price and pressure for us.)

I know not everyone's situation is the same. I just wanted to pass that jewel on