Friday, November 16, 2007

Insurance Woes 2.0 & Other Ramblings

Ugh! Just when you think it can’t possibly get any more annoying it does! We got a bill for the blood tests that my insurance company required us to take in order to “approve” the referral, which still hasn’t happened. Anyway, the bill was for $1,001.00. What?! And this is after the supposedly paid half of the bill. But my argument is that they made me get the tests, they were not for treatment of infertility or diagnosis of infertility. It just makes me mad! Will we end up paying it? Probably, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t going to call them and let them have it. This takes 1 grand out of our IVF fund, it totally better be worth it. Also, my GYN put through the referral again with a note asking them to actually look at my chart before they deny it. I really don’t see how this is going to help but she has taken it personally now. If worse comes to worse I will ask her to please put in a “consult referral” to Shady Grove and let them put in for the IVF. I really haven’t heard of anyone having this much problems with their insurance company??

Lastly, I feel like Shawn is being left out of all of this. I often find that people come up to me and comfort me and give me support but no one ever acknowledges how hard it is for Shawn. People forget that we are going through this together and that he is hurting too. I also feel like he doesn’t have anyone to talk to because it is mostly women who talk about their experiences. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a male blogger or maybe a site where men actually talk about IF so maybe he can feel like he has someone to share his feelings with?

Well, that’s about all for now. TGIF!!

3 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

Insurance suck, nuff said.

About the blogging to family. I think if you look at it that your mom was concerned but just didn't know what to say so she just blurted something kind of dumb, then I say that is a good thing. Hopefully it will open communication a bit and you can educate her. I vote for continuing to blog and be open. People that love you deserve to know what you are going through. If you cut them off now, they won't ever get a chance to understand.

My grandmother was just not getting the emotional bits of IF even though I tried talking to her. I finally gave her the link to my IF site and she called me one day and said, "Wow, you are really hurting over this. I had no idea. Thank you for sharing with me, now I can try to understand." Since then, she has been amazing adn very supportive. I was almost to the point of not talking to her anymore but my IF blog changed that completely. So don't give up. Just keep educating.

Here is a blog for Scott. I love this one, this guy is a great writer and gives a wonderful male perspective. http://maybebaby.ctwfeatures.com/

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

I would perhaps continue with your other blog but keep it very clinical outlining the processes but not the emotions involved. These feelings often lead to concern or being told "don't feel that way" when they are perfectly normal.

AwkwardMoments said...

http://contentthatworks.com/bm_blog/wordpress/

a male prespective