Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Nothing new...

Sorry that I have been a bad blogger! I really don’t have much to say right now though. I spoke to my nurse on Wednesday (I was off of work on Thursday and Friday) and she said that she will speak to my RE, who was out of town and came back yesterday, to make sure he agrees with doing the injectables and IUI instead of the IVF. She also said that she has no record that anyone from their office actually talked to Kaiser. I told her that the woman from Kaiser referrals told my GYN that she called and spoke to a doctor from my RE’s office who agreed that I should do the IUI(which kind of pissed me off because it made it seem like I just “decided” to do IVF on my own). She said the doctors always make notes on the charts, especially when they speak to insurance companies. So, either someone forgot to update my chart, or the more likely scenario, the lady from Kaiser was lying. I told my nurse that either way they are obviously not going to approve the referral so we have no choice but to do the IUI/Injectables first. She also told me that before I take the provera to bring on AF I need to do a blood pregnancy test. I really don’t know why they insist on this because I literally take provera every time I need to make AF come. I am not paying for the pg test though! So, she told me if I don’t hear from her today with my “plan” then I should call her. I will probably call her this morning to remind her as I am ready to get this thing going! I will be back with an update as soon as I have one.

3 comments:

nickoletta100 said...

How frustrating! I hate dealing with insurance. I'll be keeping my hopes up for you with this IUI!!

CAM said...

The insurance stuff will drive you nuts, but once you get on a roll it will work itself out. Be patient...hopefully your docs office will have a good person there that can guide you along. I read your older posts too and it seems that you are on the right track. I'll keep checking on you. Thanks for your comments on my blog!
:)

My_Herstory said...

That'is frustrating. Thinking about you! Best of luck.