Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stressed!!

Yes, that is how I am feeling right now…stressed! Lets see if I can recap the latest events:

Shawn got his SA results back. The motility wasn’t great but we think that is because they made him wait over an hour before they took the sample. We have never had a problem with the SA results before so hopefully this is the case.

I got my day 3 blood work done and everything came out fine.

So, the ONLY thing left is the dreaded HSG. I called my GYN and explained to her that I would NOT even think of doing the HSG unless she gives me something stronger than Motrin to take prior to the test. So she prescribed a shot of Toradol which I will get at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Herein lies the main source of my stress, my HSG is scheduled to begin at 9:00. They told me to be there by 8:45. That leaves me 15 minutes to get the shot and go to American Radiology. Now, Kaiser has not been known to be the most reliable. I am concerned about this short time frame considering they open at 8:30. I called and spoke to the nurse today who is supposed to give me the shot and explained to her that I was worried about the timing and getting to the HSG on time. She said she usually arrives at 8:15 and that she will give me the shot right away. Then she went on to explain how she was an hour and a half late to work today because of traffic due to rain. NOT so comforting after you just got dome telling me that you will be there at 8:30. So, my pan is that if for some reason she is late, they don’t open on time, or whatever other lame reason Kaiser has for once again pissing me off, then I am just going to get the HSG with no medication at all. I don’t want to wait another month to do this because it will push the IVF back two months. So, come hell or high water I will be getting the HSG. And, if I pass out on the table (again) then it is Kaiser’s fault and they will just have to use what ever results they get and approve the referral.

The other source of my stress is AF herself. She is here, like I wanted her to be so that we could do the day 3 BW and the HSG, but now she wont leave! She is playing peek-a-boo with me all day. They made it clear to me that all signs of AF must be gone when I get the HSG or they cant do it. It is day 7 already! Go away! So, it seems that so many things are stacked against me while I am trying to get this stupid HSG which Kaiser wanted me to get I the first place. My RE did not require me to get the HSG. So, like everything else that sucks in my life, I am blaming it all on HMO’s!

Stay tuned…

No comments: