Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It never ends...

So, my GYN caleld yesterday, Kaiser denied our referral because they said we need more tests done. They said Shawn needs to do a semen analysis which we knew they might require. But, they also said that I need to get another HSG done. Now, let me tell you that three or four years ago when I got this test done it was the most painful thing I have EVER had done. I would get my gallbladder out again before I would get this test done if I had the choice. The last time I had it done I was in so much pain duing the procedure I ended up passing out and they had to stop the procedure early. For those of you that don't know what an HSG is here is the rundown:
Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)- an x-ray procedure performed to determine whether the fallopian tubes are open and to see if the shape of the uterine cavity is normal.
http://www.asrm.org/Patients/FactSheets/hsg.pdf
I honestly have no idea why it was so painful for me but my GYN said the pain could have been caused by a couple of things, spasyms in my tubes or blockage in my tubes. Lets hope it's number one. Not that blockage in my tubes would make a difference at this point considering I do not ovulate anyway, but she said sometimes if there is scarring in the tubes they will remove them prior to IVF. I really don't want to have to get another surgery so lets hope it is number one.
Honestly, yesterday I was kind of upset because I was ready to start and now we have to get more tests. Plus, I am obviously not looking forward to a procedure that caused me so much pain last time. But, I guess pain, both physical and emotional, are part of this journey. So here we go, making more appointments and the poking and proding continues...

No comments: