Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Confusion Continues..

I am really starting to wonder if the whole IVF experience is this confusing for other women or if it is just because I am dealing with an HMO. I called Shady Grove (my RE) and spoke to my nurse. I asked her about the doctor possibly writing me a prescription for a pain killer prior to the HSG. She said that they can do that. I then stated that obviously I need to take provera to bring on AF since I never get her on my own. I told her that my GYN had given me a huge bottle of provera to bring on AF every couple of months or so. She was surprised and said that I should really have a “no menses work-up” (AKA more blood tests) before I take provera on the off chance that I might possibly be pregnant. HA! I have heard this a million times, and I know that I have never ovulated on my own through this whole five year ordeal and I seriously doubt that I have this month either. So, I have decided on my own that I will take an HPT and start the provera on my own. I really do not want to get any more pointless blood tests that I have to pay for. Once the ole’ bat (AF) rears her ugly head I will call the doc and request a pain killer for my HSG. The HSG is done between day 7 and 10 of my cycle.

Not that I think any part of this experience is going to be fun but this part is really tedious. I am so tired of dealing with Kaiser, I just want to get on with the whole thing. I mean seriously, it seems like Kaiser does EVERYTHING at a snails pace. That is the worst part about IF in general, the waiting. It seems like that is all we ever do!

No comments: