Friday, October 3, 2008

25w2d

I know, my title sucks, seriously, I can never think of a creative title. Well, as the title says we are now in our 25th week. Almost to the third trimester! Craziness! Baby Noah is still doing great, bopping around like crazy. He is definitely a night owl just like his Daddy. He doesn't really wake up until around 10 or so and is busy as can be at 11 at night. I love watching my belly wiggle and I love seeing the look on Shawn's face when baby gives him a swift kick in the palm. I still feel like I am living a dream. I have to convince myself that I really am pregnant and there is actually a baby in there. I still find myself surrounded by the same fears though. I'm still fearful something is going to happen to the baby. I know that I am doing the right things though and that ultimately it is all in God's hands. I have finally gotten my blood sugars under control. My fasting numbers are still high so we are still adjusting my evening insulin but as far as after meal sugars go they have been great! I have cut bread out of my breakfast and that seems to have done the trick. If I start out with good numbers after breakfast everything else seems to follow unless I eat something very carb heavy. I'm actually really proud of myself. I have never been able to follow a diet. Hopefully after baby is born I can continue to eat this way. I have only gained 12 pounds so far since the beginning of the pregnancy and I think that is pretty good for me. So far my fears of exploding into a huge fatty haven't been realized, lets hope I can keep it that way. I'm feeling pretty good. My back hasn't been giving me much trouble which is great. I'm still feeling pretty tired by the end of the day and the house still isn't as clean as I would like it. Now I have come down with some sort of cold and I am feeling pretty awful. Right now it seems to be a sore throat and a "sick feeling." This usually turns into a chest cold for me so lets hope it doesn't this time.

Last Friday Shawn and I got an unwelcome surprise in the form of a knock on our front door at 6a.m. It was our neighbor to tell us that his car and ours had been broken into over the night. They didn't steal anything from our neighbor's car but they did however steal our digital camera which we stupidly left in the car. I was so upset! It wasn't a cheap camera, it was a $600 camera! It still had the pictures from our day trip as well as several belly pictures. Images that I will never get back again. We did file a claim with our homeowners insurance but we have a $500 deductible so we only got less than $100 back for the camera. So now we have no camera at all! Luckily, MIL will let us borrow her small digital camera. All in all, I'm glad they didn't break into our house but it still pisses me off!

Well, that's about it for now!

8 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thanks for the update and so sorry about the car break in. Ugh! I hope you feel better too. I am so glad Noah is doing well, he sounds like a real character already, kicking his dad. I am really proud of you too with your blood sugars. I know how much work and discipline it takes and you are doing GREAT. Only 12 lbs, way to go! Best to all!

Erin said...

Thanks for the love and support on my blog. People suck! I can't believe (well, I can) that someone stole your camera. I am probably going to be a hermit this weekend, but I PROMISE I'll be at church next weekend if you're there. I miss you both. By the way, 12 pounds is awesome. I could gain that with my eyes closed.

CJ said...

OMG!!! Tha's scary! Sorry about your camera, that really sucks. Luckily, I take pictures off my camera frequently. Glad I do that. our camera is only $100 and it sucks, but oh well, it takes okay pictures. It has a bad delay though.

Candi said...

Glad you are doing well! So sorry about your camera. We also have an expensive camera...I put a cheap one on my baby registry so I can put it in the diaper bag...because I am afraid to carry our big zoom.

Stace said...

Aww that's too bad about the camera.

Congrats on being at 25 weeks!! You're almost there!

My_Herstory said...

Congrats on 25 weeks!
That bites about your camera!
And I still think most the time to this day that I can't believe I'm pregnant! I don't think it will truly hit home until a few weeks into having the baby around... after I get through the "I'm really not babysitting... this IS MY kid" :) hehe

The Beauty Junkie said...

Glas Noah is doing so well. That absolutely sucks about the break-ins. That just sucks, but focus on the good. You and hubby will have many more tummy and Noah pics to come. Thanks for checking in.

Rachie Pachie said...

Only 12 pounds? That's awesome!

Sorry to hear about the digital camera... you'd think they could have at least left the freaking memory card. :(