Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Double Digits!

Today I am 27 weeks pregnant and according to some sites I am in my third trimester. So I’m calling it the start of my third trimester today! We celebrated this morning by doing something that I have been putting off for a while. I took my left over Follistim (two 600iu cartridges, unopened) and a few vials of leftover Menopur to my fertility clinic and donated them. I was so nervous about giving up the meds but they expire in December and I knew that someone else would be able to use them. They promised me that they will give them to someone who needed it financially. It was also good to see everyone at the fertility clinic that I had grown to know and love. I felt nervous about going in there with a pregnant belly but I hope that the people that were there saw it as a sign of hope and not something to hurt them. I guess I just wanted to make sure I didn’t hurt anyone. But I guess they don’t know my story, they don’t know that we tried for almost six years for this little miracle. I also got to see my doctor who came out just to say hi. I brought some ultrasound pictures to show him. When I left, I left in tears. It’s not easy to forget all of the times that I left that office devastated due to a cancelled cycle or a negative beta. But this time was different, I have a warm feeling when I visit, because if not for them my little Noah wouldn’t be bopping around in my belly. I am thrilled to be where we are. I’m not going to lie, I’m still scared something could go wrong, but I’m starting to get used to the idea that this little miracle might actually come to meet us in 10-13 weeks. We have another ultrasound scheduled for October 23rd. It’s a growth ultrasound to make sure that baby isn’t getting too big because of the diabetes. I will be having growth ultrasounds every three weeks or so. I will also be starting NSTs sometime soon. All in all I feel pretty good. My belly is sore feeling which I guess is from the growing and stretching. I am also feeling some BH contractions (at least that is what the doctor said they are) a few times a day. Usually I feel them at night but I did have some this morning too. Noah is still breech because I feel all of his kicks directly on my cervix or bladder (hurts!) Every now and then I feel a punch up high and yesterday when he was bouncing trampoline style on my cervix I could feel his head in my upper belly. So weird! I have some pictures to post (belly pics) but I have to get them off of the camera. I have nothing to compare it to since our other camera was stolen but I will try to take them every week. My MIL is mailing out m shower invites this week so I am really going to start registry stalking like crazy! Well, I wish I had more to say, I’m not doing much but working and getting ready for our dinner theatre at church. I continue to follow all of your blogs and try to comment when I can. I will try to post some pics in the next couple of days.

8 comments:

Candi said...

CONGRATS!! You've come such a long way...it is understandable that you would get emotional going into your RE's. I still haven't been back to mine yet.

Stace said...

I love popping in and reading your happy posts. :) I'm so glad things are going so well!!!

My_Herstory said...

Congrats on being in your third trimester! Not to long now! Glad thing are going well!

Amy B said...

I am glad everything is going well. I can't believe only 13 more weeks. It will fly by.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Best Wishes for a Wonderful 3rd trimester. Noah sounds like quite the soccer player or maybe football? You are so nice to donate your meds. Take care, thanks for the update, and I hope you have fun registering for your shower.

Beth said...

Happy 3rd trimester. That is nice that you are able to get u/s pics every 3 weeks, I wish I could see my little one that much. I am glad to hear everything is going well w/ Noah!!!

Rebecca said...

Glad things are going well...you just reminded me that I need to check expiration dates. I want to donate my meds too. You're a better woman than me...I still have mine in the closet and my babies are 8 weeks old. I suck!

sara said...

Happy 28 weeks and almost 3 days!!! You are rockin it so hard core with this pregnancy you are doing great :-)