Monday, October 27, 2008

Randomness (28w5d)

Holy cow! I seriously did not realize how long it has been since I have updated! I haven't forgotten about all of you or blogging, it just seems the days go by so fast and by the end of the day I am totally exhausted. Since I seem unable to form a coherent paragraph I will do my update in a list form:
  • All continues to go well with baby Noah. He is most active at night and still breech with his head just under my ribs on the left and feet firmly lodged into my bladder. I REALLY want him to turn! It is much easier for others to feel him kick when he isn't kicking my bladder. For now though it seems he likes this position. Lets just hope he decides to turn before the big day!
  • The last couple times I have went to the doctor I have been measuring two weeks ahead. I have another doctors appointment so we will see if I am still measuring ahead. The funny thing is in the last two weeks I haven't gained any weight at all. The doctor isn't concerned though so neither am I.
  • We had our first growth u/s on Thursday. All looks well and baby was measuring 2 lbs. 14 oz. and was measuring 27w5d which was actually a couple days behind. I will ask my doctor but I don't think it is a big deal for him to be measuring a few days behind.
  • I have been having some serious indigestion and heartburn over the past two weeks which is making it difficult to follow my diet because the things I am supposed to eat give me heartburn. For example, I have found that if I eat anything other than eggs and some sort of meat for breakfast my sugar goes up. However, I have been unable to eat eggs because they give me terrible heartburn. I'm not talking about mild heartburn and indigestion, I'm talking about pain and pressure so severe in my chest that it travels into my neck and jaw and makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack. This usually is the worst at night which makes it very difficult to sleep. I have been taking the Zantac and I am up to two pills a day and I am only supposed to take one a day. Even the two a day isn't enough and I am miserable half the day. I have an appointment today at 11:30 and I'm going to ask the doctor if there is another medication I can take. The only thing my tummy can tolerate is bread which is a big no no for me.
  • It is less than a month until my shower and I am so excited! I actually hate baby showers (what infertile doesn't) but I guess because this one is for me it is different. I just cant wait to see everyone and celebrate our little one and I can wait to see all of the cute items that we get for him. Shawn's close family is having a private shower for us also because they said they bought too many items and didn't want to make the guests of the big shower sit through me opening all of their gifts. I'm a little behind on finishing the diaper cake centerpieces so I will be working hard on them this week so that we can decorate them.
  • We have done absolutely nothing to get our house ready for the baby yet. The nursery is still currently a storage room and the "litter box room." It's just one of those things that I was afraid to do for fear of "jinxing" myself. But now I realize it's time to get moving. We will need to have a spot to store all of our shower goodies soon. So this weekend we will empty the room and shampoo the carpet. We don't really have anything to put in there yet. We are still waiting for the crib which should be in in the next couple of weeks. We have a changing table that we are sanding down to stain to match the crib and we still have to purchase a dresser. Seems like we have so much to do!
  • I have some belly pictures but I have to get them off the camera. I also plan to take before/after pictures of the nursery.

That's really all I have for now. When I look at my ticker and see that I only have 79 days until my due date I begin to freak out a bit! I will update again today after my doctor's appointment.

9 comments:

My_Herstory said...

Hey lady! Nice to have an update *wink* :) Glad everything is going well for you and Noah! Happy 11 weeks left! I'm sure he'll turn for ya!
Oh, the HB sux!! I still have it everyday, depending on what I eat. I used to get pain when I ate eggs, but when I got pregnant it went away and I'm good to eat it now, weird huh? I hope your HB starts to ease up... but from my experience it hasn't lol.
I hope you have a GREAT baby shower! You deserve a wonderful day! Let us know how it goes!
Do you have a plan for the nursery? Don't feel bad, I finally just got mine all finished a couple days ago, cause I felt like I was going to jinx myself if I folded the cloths and such, but its all organzied now.
Take care and have a good apointment!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thank you for the update and I'm so sorry about the severe heartburn, ugh. I hope the MD has options to relieve your pain pronto. That is so exciting about your shower, what a delight for you to be on the receiving end!
Wow, you and Shawn do have alot to do, Good Luck and take care, and hope it's fun getting ready for Noah.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Sounds great. And don't fret about the positioning yet. That baby will keep moving throughout the pregnancy.

Rachie Pachie said...

Glad to see the new post!

Sure hope Noah turns soon... I can imagine that is very painful! :(

Looking forward to seeing the baby room transformation & the goodies from the shower.

Adriane said...

My LORD, where does all the time go? 28 weeks already!? Congrats! Sounds like you and Noah are doing great. Can't wait to see belly pics!

Rebecca said...

Sorry I haven't been by to check on you in a while...it's so good to hear that things are going well! I know what you mean about showers...I was uncomfortable at my own shower, but I quickly got over it when I realized that if I didn't entertain all of those people, no one would! Have fun getting the babies' room ready!

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Geez where has the time gone? Definitely time to get a move on! ;-) xo

Stace said...

I've been waiting as patiently as I can for your next update! :) But I hope that you're just MIA because of fantastic baby preparations and all that fun-ness. :)

You're down to 64 days!

sara said...

Oh my goodness girl! Happy 31 weeks! I am so happy for you - and I hope the heartburn and stomach issues clear up soon. They can be so miserable - and I hate to see you have to experience that. Sorry for being MIA - I still think of ya often and keep you in my prayers.