Wednesday, September 10, 2008

22 Weeks & Ultrasound Results

Wow, we had a busy day today! We had two different ultrasounds done today. For the first ultrasound we had to travel to the University of Maryland Fetal Care Center to have the fetal echo done. Noah was his usual anwry self and was stubborn when it came to showing the tech what she needed to see. But after a stern talking to from me (and me doing a couple of jumping jacks for good measure) he finally decided to behave. The tech said that all of his little parts look perfect and his heart looks perfect too! He is still currently breech, sitting head up, feet down. His little head is up by my belly button and his little feet, ankles crossed, are sitting directly on my cervix (which explains the pain when he kicks.) We also learned that he weighs one pound! The second ultrasound that we had was at Kaiser and was a follow-up to the "big" ultrasound. This tech was much much nicer and did let Shawn in the room. She also explained everything she saw and what she was doing. Noah was wired during this ultrasound and moved all over the place! He kicked me several times in the cervix during the ultrasound which made me jump off the table and scare the crap out of the ultrasound tech. He waved his little hand at us and let us see his little fingers and his little feet (too cute!) He also let all three techs that looked at him see his "boy parts" so he is definitely a boy! I will have to go back to the Fetal Care Center every month for ultrasounds to keep track of his growth but for now everything looks perfect. Anyway, I know you really came here to see pictures so here they are:
This first one is a picture of his "boy parts." It was much clearer when they were showing it on the screen but you get the idea.
This one is a picture of his face looking forward. You can see his little eye sockets and nose.


This one is a picture of his little legs and feet. You can see his thigh to the right of your screen and his little ankle and feet to the left. Too cute!



This one is one of my favorites! This is a picture of one of his little legs and foot. He was hugging the placenta like a pillow and if you look closely you can see his little fingers too!



This is a profile shot. Hopefully this one is self explanatory.

This is another profile shot. If you look closely you can see that his mouth is slightly open almost like he is smiling, you can also see a little leg too!

Here is one more profile shot of the little one with his arm above his head.

What else can I say ladies, I am so in love!

16 comments:

Stace said...

Aww-- perfect! I love it! Can't wait to see pictures in... 18 weeks? Congrats to the max!!

Candi said...

Congrats! He is just irresistible!!

sarah23 said...

What a cutie! He is beautiful!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

So precious, he's beautiful, I love the picture of him hugging his placenta. Really cute, thanks so much for sharing!

CJ said...

Love the U/S pics! He looks good! Glad everything is going well.

CJ said...

Love the U/S pics! He looks good! Glad everything is going well.

CJ said...

Love the U/S pics! He looks good! Glad everything is going well.

CJ said...

Love the U/S pics! He looks good! Glad everything is going well.

sara said...

So glad you had an awesome ultrasound and a good experience - you sure deserve it. Your little guy looks beautiful! When you said you actually had people praying for us I cried...yup..sitting over here crying because it means so much to me and I wish I could just give you a big old hug! I said a little prayer for you guy too - I think that it really helps. Thanks so much, I hope you are having a great weekend :-)

My_Herstory said...

Little guy looks good! Little cutey! Glad things are going well.

Adriane said...

great pics! cant believe you are halfway there already!! that is fabulous!

Summer said...

Can definitely see the cuteness! Great to hear that things look ok.

sara said...

Happy happy happy 23 weeks to you and the hubby!!!!

Stace said...

I know you're busy having a life and making a baby and all, but you have to update more. :)

Hope things are going splendiferously.

sara said...

Happy 24 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Beauty Junkie said...

AWWWWW!!!