Saturday, August 9, 2008

And the Bad Blogger Award Goes to... (17w3d)

ME!! Yes, I know. I have been a bad blogger lately. In my defense though we had a huge filing to prepare at work which took up all of my time and left me exhausted when I got home. It's finally over so things should go back to normal now. Things have been going well so far. We actually have our original "big u/s" on Monday so we will get to see baby Noah again and verify that he is in fact a boy. Then next weekend we will be registering! I am actually so excited about registering! We have already been to Babies R Us twice just to see what they have. My shower isn't until November but family has been bugging us about where we are registered already. As for me I'm feeling okay. My blood sugar has been good but I am really struggling to satisfy my sweet tooth! I love to bake and I haven't had the urge to bake because I can't eat what I am good at baking. I have been looking up some recipes that use Splenda and I may try some of them but it still seems like they are loaded with carbs. My nipples (sorry if TMI) have been feeling very raw so we went to BRU and found a moisturizer made just for boobies! It helps a lot. Yesterday I found a little drop of something clear coming out of my nipple but I haven't seen anything since. The thing that has been giving me the most trouble is my back. I am sure I mentioned on here before that I have a herniated disc in my back. Well lately my back pain has been almost unbearable. I have always suffered with some mild back pain but now it hurts to walk sometimes. We went to the fair today to meet some friends and walk around a bit. After about only 2 hours of walking around my back and hip hurt terribly. It still hurts now! I am sure it is only going to get worse but if some back pain is the worst thing I will have to deal with during the remainder of this pregnancy then I will be thankful. As long as I can still walk I will be just fine! The most exciting thing that has been happening over the past week or so is that I think I am beginning to feel the baby move! IT just feels like tiny little taps on the inside of my belly. It doesn't happen regularly and I have to be sitting really still to feel it. I can't wait until I can feel him move more and I really can't wait until Shawn can feel it too. In fact, while I am sitting here I am feeling little taps, too cool! I still feel like this is all a dream or a sick joke and one day I will wake up and realize it isn't real. I'm not sure I will ever get over that feeling until I hold him in my arms and know that he is okay. The doppler has been a real blessing and I am so glad that we decided to get it. Not only does it help to calm my fears but it gives Shawn and I some great bonding time with baby. Someone asked about whether I would recommend other women to get the quad screen. Honestly, if I had to do it again I would not get it done. My recommendation is that if you would not terminate if something was wrong then I wouldn't get the test. For me, the test caused a lot of undue anxiety. But, we are all different and some people might feel like they want to know if there is a possibility if something is wrong. Anyway, I wish I had more to say but thankfully nothing has been going on lately. I will try to be a better blogger and a better commenter, I promise! I will also post again after our u/s on Monday and share pictures too!

6 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thanks for the update, the baby taps sound wonderful, what a treat. The clear liquid from your nipples are your milk ducts getting ready for their little customer. I have a bad back too and wore the belly/back belt to give me some support. ((Hugs)) to you all, can't wait to hear about the big U/S.

Evil Stepmonster said...

Sorry to hear that your back is playing up , but very pleased that everything else is going so well. My DH also has a herniated disc and has found the chiropractic works really well for him.

Best wishes for your u/s today.

Amy B said...

I can relate to the whole boob thing. Isn't it crazy what these little angels do to our bodies. But totally worth it!!

Rebecca said...

Everything sounds good...glad to hear an update! Sounds like you have everything under control though...the eating is annoying, but you can do it...I just started eating cookies between meals/testing and really bending the rules on that, but I'm almost done...I was really good at the beginning! Keep up the good work!

Adriane said...

Congrats on the news that it's a boy - sorry I've missed so much lately. You're already 17+ weeks along!! That's so fun that you're feeling him move already. Enjoy every moment - it's over befor you know it!!

sara said...

Congrats on feeling the little one move! How exciting! I hope your back is feeling better soon and that you have a great ultrasound and appointment. I noticed the same thing on my boobs today - ahhh fabulous, huh? It was good to hear how you were doing and I hope work slows down soon :-)